Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show not playing
Newbie here so go steady, I understand its probably the wrong time of the year to be asking for help, perhaps the admin can throw some light on my problem but after a couple of days scratching my head and trying to work stuff out, i have given up and i need help. I have been purchasing some controllers and lights and have more on order, but i thought i would try and set up a small show to see how things work out, as per instructions i went into device manager and added the four controllers I have, after numerous attempts i finally got the program to recognise my controllers.

Sorry about the long thread but wanted to try and explain as best i could with a few pics and a video, thanks for any help you can give.

[img][Image: sxeh.png][/img]

I then went into show player and set up a show with four shows.

[img][Image: 2cppdex.png][/img]

[img][Image: 2vdsffa.png][/img]

No problems there i thought, then when the time came up that i set, nothing happened, the show player looks like it was playing, all lights were steady and the computer usb was flashing like it was doing something.

[img][Image: 34glzqe.png][/img]

do the shows play from show designer? and is the device manager and show designer programs closed when u are running the scheduler? as only one thing can access controller at a time
Thanks for your quick reply, yes the shows play as they should in  show designer and yes device manager and show designer were both closed while i was trying to get the show player to work.
Its a bugger, i must have started afresh with the set up a dozen times before i gave up and packed everything away, i have three more controllers coming to add to the nightmare.

One thing that was on my mind as i was messing about, the shows are for 7 controllers, but i only had 4 linked up to test, would that make a difference, i didn't  think so but what do i know.

Thanks again.
I  think i have found the problem, not the solution, i started again with the shows, with fresh files, i  brought them into show designer to make sure all was well, as i said before the show plays fine, so i clicked export for show player and clicked to save as an shp file, when i checked in the new folder there was no file, only the show file, i closed and opened the quick start but no matter what i do the file will not export for the show player. after i click export, the export completed alert pops up and it looks like all is well, but nothing appears in the saved folder.
The export to Show Player option requires a professional license and is only necessary if you have a lot of pixels. The Show Player will load the .sho file that the Show Designer uses, no need to export if you have a Standard License.

With regards the issue with your shows not playing, first check that all the shows play manually in the shows tab of the Show Player before trying to schedule shows. Also ensure you place the audio track in a separate directory to the .sho file as there has been reports of an issue saving schedules where all files are in the same directory.

If the USB light is flashing fast like it is playing the show but your controllers are not responding it sounds an issue with your configuration. Check that the Network and device configuration in the Show Designer matches that of your controllers etc. If you still have issues feel free to email us your file or call us and we will help you resolve the issue.

Craig.
Quote:place the audio track in a separate directory to the .sho file 

This i didnt do, thanks for getting back to me, will try this next.
Fort info, as advised i put the music files into a separate folder, all is now working fine.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction.