Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software update and plans for this year?
Video 
Long story short I want to go all out pixels this year.

So syncrolight..........what’s planned this year for the pixels controller and software?

Will my ws2811 pixels have better compatibility too? I know through testing it’s the controller holding them back.

Thanks

Dan
Improvements to controllers and software is an ongoing project.  We hope to improve running of large numbers of 2811 later in the year.

We do recommend LPD8806 and WS2801 pixels as they are more stable and have 4 wires rather than 3.

Jane
Syncrolight
(14-01-2018, 11:17 AM)Jane Wrote: Improvements to controllers and software is an ongoing project.  We hope to improve running of large numbers of 2811 later in the year.

We do recommend LPD8806 and WS2801 pixels as they are more stable and have 4 wires rather than 3.

Jane
Syncrolight

I know that as you have already told me, but they are more expensive and seem to have more issues with going a long distance.....

Well hopefully the update comes soon because I’m in need of 2 more pixel controllers and want to get building in a few months.

I know the 2811 pixels can perform how I want when the controllers are sorted, it would be a shame to have to start from scratch with different  controllers.

If you have a rough time scale for when the fix is going to be  tackled that would be great ?
Been over a month any news on updates and plans etc for software would be nice ?

Some of us sad folks need to start planning for Christmas ?
bump Smile
A 2018 Software update is planned for release around September. At present this release is planned to include :
- Updates to support our new 24 Channel DC controller (available later this year)
- Updates to support our new SD Card / Wifi Controller (release date TBC)
- Bug Fixes
- Changes to screen handling to improve memory usage and reduce Out of Memory errors (For long shows and when displaying lots of events for pixels)
- Redesigned GUI for Device Manager
- Addition of a few new features
- 64 bit release.

We also just received stocks of an revised Ethernet controller. This contains dedicated fuses, a temperature sensor, and provision to connect an external fan. This change is mainly for commercial installations where the controller is mounted within an enclosure alongside large power supplies. Whilst the controller itself does not generate any heat itself, the power supplies themselves do. This new model will be generally available once stocks of the previous model are exhausted, but if you need the features of the new model let us know at time of ordering.

We also have exciting updates ongoing for the Raspberry Pi Show Player. These changes are mainly for use in commercial displays, but if all goes well some of these new features will be made available for general use. These new features will help enable our Pi Show Player to be used by anyone without needing any knowledge or experience of Linux !
yay!

hopefully some more pixel effects too?

can i suggest something that looks like fireworks/explosions or fire
and maybe some sort of audio equaliser effect, does need to sync its self to audio but i would love to get something like that on my tree

many thanks Smile

oh and would it be possible to revise the android app? maybe make it more like just a remote. stop start pause etc

ps. i would love them new controllers when i order my next 2 ethernet ones this year, i custom made my enclosure and it houses my 3 psu's and the controller i have 2 fans also so a better way to control/monitor them would be great Smile
bump Smile