Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survived the weather...just
With all the awful weather over the weekend (no snow here thankfully but lots and lots of rain) I didn't run my show but have it back on tonight, Farnham GU9 9DJ if anyone wants to visit. 
I noticed that on one led string just 2 bulbs are on constantly, very dim but on, everything works fine and they and the rest of that string come on when required. Only other thing is my pixel lights aren't working (not a great issue as I don't use them much) I think the SD card and /or the SD card controller may have got damp, its in a makeshift container to try and keep it dry. Checked the sd card on my PC and it looked ok and I was able to open the configuration file. Think I will go for an Ethernet controller next year.
Phil
Hi Phil, see my post "controller problem" Sandy gives some good tips, your issue is exactly the same is i have.
Hi Phil
Check the controller for moisture, especially around the terminal connections for that particular string.
Also, it could be that the wiring from other channels or the supply leads going into the controller terminals are frayed and 'shorting across to that channel. A single strand that has come astray could be enough to give you a small voltage on the 'defective' light string.
Sandy