Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show player lag
Since adding pixels to my shows when they change from one show to the next there is a massive hang up in the change and all is off for a good 5-10 seconds.

This is just a problem for what my lights a not doing a musical display as they are all around 4 minutes and only take a few seconds to load between each one.

But the 2 shows I have written for when I just want them on all evening a 15 and 5 minutes and they take ages to load. I’ve tried this in both my laptop and desktop and both do the same.

The 15min is over 300mb and yes I know that’s larger than most but this day and age and with my laptop that is nothing.

When I benchmark test my HDD I can get 2500m/sec read and 1900mb/sec write.......(yes it’s very high spec laptop/solid state PCIE drive)

So all in all I want to know why both the show player and designers lag so much and I still frequently get out of memory issue.

Hopefully this can be resolved because I have 4 ac controllers a Ethernet pixel one and I want to expand for next year but can’t see how he software would handle it.
Hi Daniel,

Did you try exporting your show to a .shp file and using this in the Show Player rather than the .sho file?

The .shp format files are optimized for the show player, so should play quickly without any lag.

Craig.