Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card Controller replacing computer
Hi All!
Meant to put this on last year, but never got around to it.
I use an SD Card Controller as a network Master to control two DC08 controllers. These control LED light strings in my front garden (Roses, Shrubs etc. and an Arch). It frees up my laptop when I'm not doing a musical show, and gives a synchronised display all evening during the Christmas period. All I have to do is unplug the data cable and connect it to my laptop RS485 Data cable and set off the musical show when required (Plug & Play Data tails make this very easy).
The issue with this is you need to create short shows and export them to the SD Card. Each show needs to be less than one minute, and the total playlist can't exceed 2 minutes (or the lights 'hang' or start random patterns). I have three shows on the playlist and they loop all evening.
DC08 controllers are fed from 24v DC and the SD Card Controller is fed from an old BT Hub supply (12v DC).
Hope that helps some of you that are considering this, or have tried in the past, but experienced the 'hanging' lights or random displays.
Sandy