Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of customer support
I have just been on the phone to the so called customer support for 30 minuets & was very disappointed in the lack of help & support, in fact I found the lady to be argumentative and arrogant, she was giving excuse after excuse as to why my 100 lights are not as bright as the 200 lights that I purchased at the same time & in the same color, I asked if it would have been possible to put that in the details of the product so we could’ve had the option of buying just the 200 lights so our singing faces lights would look visually the same, more excuses, I asked if they could give written instraction’s & all I got was “ lip syncing is very hard & that’s what the forums are for “& to just mess around with it  Angry Then got conveniently cut off  Huh Angry Not impressed
Hi Arlette,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with our support. But it does sound like you are using the wrong type of power supply for the lights, as Jane was trying to explain to you on the phone. Basically there are two types of 24v power supply Regulated(or Switched mode) and Unregulated. Regulated use electronics to provide a constant 24v irrespective of load, where as unregulated output a higher voltage under no load (often as high as 35v) and only drop to 24v when fully loaded. All our light strings (and most other similar style Christmas lights strings in the UK) are designed for an unregulated power supply and the slightly higher voltages that these power supplies output. If you use the light strings on a 24V regulated power supply then LEDs will be dimmer. Some strings may be an acceptable brightness whilst others will be dim, this is a characteristic of LEDs as different types and colours of LEDs have different operating voltages and current requirements. If you have a "Laptop style" 24v power supply it is almost certainly a regulated supply. LED colours themselves may vary very slightly between batches, but I am sure the difference you are seeing is purely down to different brightness levels between strings due to the wrong power supply being used.

Using a 24v regulated power supply is a common mistake. We have gone to great length to source and supply unregulated 24v power supplies and AC/DC cables for our lights and controllers. We have unregulated power supplies available in 1amp, 2.5amp and 5amp outputs and we recommend these are used with our light strings and controllers.

With regards Lipsync, I will reply in your other thread, but again Jane was correct, there is no quick way to get perfect lip syncing. Words are often spoken at different speeds and some letters may be more pronounced than others so you often need to try changing the text accordingly to get the best results (For example 'Helloo' to emphasis the oo rather than just 'Hello' etc).

I hope that clarifies your questions, If you need further clarification please call the office again and leave you number and I will call you back.

Craig.