Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD card controller
Hi, I am using an syncrolight SD card controller for my pixels, I found that when first switching everything on the pixels don't do anything unless I take out then replace the SD card, then all works fine,  but once I switch everything off then the next time I go to run the show I again have to remove and replace the card before the pixels do their thing. Should this happen or am I missing something?
Phil

P.S. thanks for fixing my show selector its working fine now Smile
Hi Phil

If you copy the files on the SD card.  Then format the SD card and copy the files back onto it.

Kind Regards
Jane
Syncrolight
I did as you said and formatted the SD card, but I am still having issues.
For testing I have the RS485 connected from the computer to controller no.2, from there the data cable goes to the SD controller (device no,4) and then from there the data cable goes to the show selector (device no,5).
When I go to device manager and search for connected devices it only show no,5 the show selector at the end of the network, if I then remove and replace the SD card or disconnect the power to it and then reconnect, doing a search for devices shows 2, 4, and 5. Leave it a few seconds or use show designer to check if pixels are working and again nothing, so replace SD card and the pixels work fine in show designer.
 If I take the data cable connection from the SD card controller the other controllers show up in device manager ok.
Any suggestions?

Phil
Phil
Have you got the SD Card set to 'Master' in the Configuration File? Only one Master can be in the network, and that would be your computer. Taking the SD Card out should automatically revert the SD Controller to 'slave' with an ID of 1 and you'd be able to see it in the Device Manager.
If that's not the case, then it could be that the Configuration File is corrupted if you've inserted or removed it with power on the controller.
What's controller No.2 used for? and what type of controller is it (probably not relevant, but funny how you're having problems seeing that as well)
Don't know if any of this will be of help, but it might set you off in the right direction in sussing out the problem

Sandy
Sandy
Thanks for the above. Controller 2 is a dc08. The SD is set to auto. I will be setting up this weekend with all 5 controllers connected so I will see what shows up then. I don't actually use the pixels very much (as they can affect the timing because they use so much data) so I can just omit them and the SD controller if I can't sort it out. Got a couple of days off to set up and sort out this weekend so I will see what happens.
Hi Phil,

Try setting the mode to Slave rather than Auto to force the controller to be a slave device.
If you still have no joy, feel free to drop of the controller if you are passing and I'll give it a look over.

Note also that with the SD card you can run it on a separate network to get better performance for pixels. That way you can also increase the baud rate to 250000 also.

Craig.
(30-11-2017, 09:16 AM)Craig Wrote: Hi Phil,

Try setting the mode to Slave rather than Auto to force the controller to be a slave device.
If you still have no joy, feel free to drop of the controller if you are passing and I'll give it a look over.

Note also that with the SD card you can run it on a separate network to get better performance for pixels. That way you can also increase the baud rate to 250000 also.

Craig.

Thanks Craig, I'll try changing the mode and let you know. Not being electrically minded and a bit "Ham fisted!!" it could be dodgy wiring. I am using the grey 2 core data cable from the DC08 to the SD controller and from there to the show selector and I really struggled to get the two sets of wires into the terminal on the SD controller, would I be better using the plug and play tails? Just treated my self to a small electricians tool kit with better sized screw drivers and pliers etc so hopefully that will help!!
Phil
I meant to post this earlier, just to say changing the controller to slave seems to have done the trick  Smile  Thanks for the help
Phil