Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet controller output errors
Hi all,

It's my second year with the ethernet controller for led strips.

This year, i meet the following problem with my configuration. When my controller (with the same parameters than the last year show) with the same strips on output 1 and 2, and for the test, one more on output 3 the led strips doesn't work...Some led blinking, sometimes i'm able to change colors off the first ou second led of the strip.

I do the following tests :
- Measure tension at the output card, power supply and strips beginning : 5,07V ok
- Take a new strip - done
- Put the ethernet cable directly on the pc, and on a little switch done
- Factory reset the controller done
- Modify ip range done
- Add two power supply done

I'm desesperate, have you an idea ?

(Sorry for my english, french are really bad in foreign language ;Wink
(21-11-2017, 03:20 PM)krissprolls Wrote: Hi all,

It's my second year with the ethernet controller for led strips.

This year, i meet the following problem with my configuration. When my controller (with the same parameters than the last year show) with the same strips on output 1 and 2, and for the test, one more on output 3 the led strips doesn't work...Some led blinking, sometimes i'm able to change colors off the first ou second led of the strip.

I do the following tests :
- Measure tension at the output card, power supply and strips beginning : 5,07V ok
- Take a new strip - done
- Put the ethernet cable directly on the pc, and on a little switch done
- Factory reset the controller done
- Modify ip range done
- Add two power supply done

I'm desesperate, have you an idea ?

(Sorry for my english, french are really bad in foreign language ;Wink

Have you tried to common negatives up across the channels, when using 2 power supplies  across 1 controller to keep everything at the same potential its best practice to common negatives up. so basically to a wire from one power supply yo the other on the negative terminals only.
if using one power supply try a common negative across all the output channels incase you have a dry joint on the board. Pixels rely alot on a negative. its almost as important as the data wire. Smile
Thanks for that

It's a good idea i'll test it quickly

Today, the new test led strip on my output 3 works well but she's short, directly connect on the controller with a 1 inch short cable. Besides, it doesn't need a supplementary power supply, the controller is enough.

The leds strips may be out of service or bad soldererd after the few first leds...

Thanks for all
(23-11-2017, 05:09 PM)krissprolls Wrote: Thanks for that

It's a good idea i'll test it quickly

Today, the new test led strip on my output 3 works well but she's short, directly connect on the controller with a 1 inch short cable. Besides, it doesn't need a supplementary power supply, the controller is enough.

The leds strips may be out of service or bad soldererd after the few first leds...

Thanks for all

After Christmas i would try test my controller with IC 2811 led strip in 12V power supply (3leds for 1 pixel).
Impossible to control the strips, they still stay on and white....
Do you have an upgrade for the firmware of the controller ?
Thanks Christopher (and Happy New year !)

I just do a test with my second ethernet controller, and the strips 2811 works well

Any idea ? the output of my first controller are dead ?