Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ethernet controller lag
Sad 
hi all,

i have made a pixel mage tree consisting of 2304 ws2811 pixels.

i have it spread across 6 of the 8 outputs and i have my 135 pixel star on output 7.

when i play my shows and the tree does quick full colour changes for example red, blue, yellow, pink.......the outputs are not all in time.

when i had just output 1 wired up a few weeks ago for testing of course i couldn't tell this but in the device manger i could get much higher actual Hz in the testing and now its dropped down to 50-55Hz.

i know that ws2811 pixels cant transmit data as fast but how is that effecting the outputs not being in sync?

any ideas on this anyone?

dan
Hi,

Last year, my 2 big (12 meters each) IC2812B (2811 parameter on ethernet controller) on 2 output are totally synchronised on slow show or in strob !

Have you tried to decrease the CPU and network load with less segments (less chanels with more leds) ?
As i said it not the computer or the leds, if i just disable some of the outputs fps increases......(the computer is still sending the data but the controller doesn't use it unless outputs are
enabled)

i have been since told that the controller is not optimised for ws2811 pixels Sad

just a shame i didn't know that upfront.

but considering optimised leds are 2x the price and i dont actually have any proof of how much better the performance will be im going to stick with what ive got this year

hopefully there will be some updates to the controller ready for next year  Big Grin