Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet controller
Photo 
Hi all

Having problems getting the lights to play with the Ethernet controller.
Everything works fine in the Ethernet device manager 
I have built my first very basic show with a addressable led strip.
It works fine in the visualisation. But when switch the control lights to on nothing happens.
When the the switch is off i have a red light on the controller 
When the switch is on i have a red light and a flashing green light. Which what i have read is correct? 
Here is a picture of the configuration

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Daz,

For the Ethernet controller and V3 of the software you are best using Pixel Items. You need to create an an Advanced type show and then you will have the option to create a Pixel Item (rather than a Display Item).

Craig.
(02-11-2017, 11:05 AM)Craig Wrote: Hi Daz,

For the Ethernet controller and V3 of the software you are best using Pixel Items.  You need to create an an Advanced type show and then you will have the option to create a Pixel Item (rather than a Display Item).

Craig.

Hi Craig,

I did try the Pixel items first but the lights didn't work. So then tried the display item. I have now tried a Pixel item again. Still no joy. 
I am wondering if i have the Led strip configured correctly in Ethernet device manager? I have WS2811 150 pixels on 5m strip. When i first set it up i put 150 channels with 1 pixel per channel and found in test, channel 1 would light the first 3 leds channel 50 would light the last 3 leds So it set it to 50 channels 1 pixel per channel is this correct? In test pattern it chases along the strip through all the colours.
Hi Daz,

If you have a 12v strip it will probably only be controllable in threes. The 5v ones are generally more expensive but you can control every single LED.
If the strip works with manual control through the Device Manager then you must have the Ethernet Controller configuration correct.

Double check that you have the Show Designer configuration correct. Also ensure that you close the Device Manager before starting the Show Designer, as only one application can have control of the Ethernet controller at a time.

Craig.
(03-11-2017, 05:42 PM)Craig Wrote: Hi Daz,

If you have a 12v strip it will probably only be controllable in threes. The 5v ones are generally more expensive but you can control every single LED.
If the strip works with manual control through the Device Manager then you must have the Ethernet Controller configuration correct.

Double check that you have the Show Designer configuration correct. Also ensure that you close the Device Manager before starting the Show Designer, as only one application can have control of the Ethernet controller at a time.

Craig.

Hi Craig

After looking at everything again i found i had put a comer instead of a dot. Thanks for your help.
Just another questions. I want to get your rainbow star with controller and power.
I want this to be standalone. If i just power it up with a time clock will it start with the last sequence i have set it at?
Hi Daz,

If the pixel star is used with the SD card controller you can either setup a playlist to play just the sequence(s) you want, or you can just put the sequences you want on the SD card. It will then just play these sequences. It always start from the first sequence when powered up.

Craig.