Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pixal lisences
hi guys

i am technicly minded when it comes to electronics but as newbie to all this light show tech i have just a few questions i wish to ask

i have been watching alot of shows on youtube about ideas and came across syncrolights. how many controlers can you have with any given liecence

for example i i bought 1x controller with 7000 pixals and one 1x controller with say 1000 pixals lisence will it add them together or is the max the limit u cant go over

my 2nd question is can the controllers be used on the same network lan as other devices such printers media players ect...

my last question is can the standerd 8 channel no pixal controler be used with a 12v supply
With the Pixel License you can share your total license allocation between controllers. So if your brought 2 controllers, 1 with the full 7200 license and one with the 100 license you could can allocate them as you wish across the devices. So for example you could allocate 4000 to one and 3300 to the other. To do this you just need to register the controllers to the same email address, which you do with the Syncrolight Ethernet Device Manager. Also note that if pixels are purchased from our website,  we will increase your license allocation accordingly free of charge by the number of pixels purchased.

The maximum each controller will support is 7200 pixels, these can be divided between the 8 outputs as required. If your are running a pixel grid or running lots of fast animations across all pixels simultaneously then for best performance we recommended you use no more than around 3000 pixels per controller.

Yes you can use multiple controllers on the same network, and run them alongside other printers and computers etc. You need to know a few networking basics to setup the controller as it needs a "static IP address" on your network. This is quite straightforward to setup but you can always call us if you get stuck and we can talk you through it.

Yes the Pixel controller can be used at 12v. By default it is set to run at 5v, as the majority of the pixels are 5v. To run at 12v a small plastic jumper on the controller needs to be pulled off. One thing to note is that you cannot mix different voltage pixels on the same controller. If you are running at 12v you must only connect 12v pixels. Likewise if running at 5v you can only connect 5v pixels.

Hope that answers your questions. If you have any more questions or need me to clarify anything let me know.

Craig.
(25-10-2017, 08:49 AM)Craig Wrote: With the Pixel License you can share your total license allocation between controllers. So if your brought 2 controllers, 1 with the full 7200 license and one with the 100 license you could can allocate them as you wish across the devices. So for example you could allocate 4000 to one and 3300 to the other. To do this you just need to register the controllers to the same email address, which you do with the Syncrolight Ethernet Device Manager. Also note that if pixels are purchased from our website,  we will increase your license allocation accordingly free of charge by the number of pixels purchased.

The maximum each controller will support is 7200 pixels, these can be divided between the 8 outputs as required. If your are running a pixel grid or running lots of fast animations across all pixels simultaneously then for best performance we recommended you use no more than around 3000 pixels per controller.

Yes you can use multiple controllers on the same network, and run them alongside other printers and computers etc. You need to know a few networking basics to setup the controller as it needs a "static IP address" on your network. This is quite straightforward to setup but you can always call us if you get stuck and we can talk you through it.

Yes the Pixel controller can be used at 12v. By default it is set to run at 5v, as the majority of the pixels are 5v. To run at 12v a small plastic jumper on the controller needs to be pulled off. One thing to note is that you cannot mix different voltage pixels on the same controller. If you are running at 12v you must only connect 12v pixels. Likewise if running at 5v you can only connect 5v pixels.

Hope that answers your questions. If you have any more questions or need me to clarify anything let me know.

Craig.

hi craig yes that has helped and was the answer i was looking for.

plus does the 12 volt setting apply to the non pixal 8 channel controler
The 8 Channel DC controllers can run at any voltage between 7v and 30v. So yes 12v is fine. No jumper settings to change on this controller. This 8 Channel controller works on a separate network to the Pixel controller; using a RS485 cable that connects to the USB port rather than Ethernet.

Craig.