Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Pixel Controller Connection Issue
hi All,

I have just purchased an ethernet pixel controller.

I've wired it up and connected an addressable strip to it but I cant seem to connect it to my PC. I have plugged the ethernet into my router and also tried directly into the PC but device manger wont detect it. where am i going wrong please? i've upgraded my licence etc and not sure what else to try - I'm not an expert with computers but know a small amount aso it may be something really simply that i'm missing

thank you in advance for any help

regards
Have you changed the ip address of your PC to be in the same network range as the default ip address of the controller? Basically the first 3 numbers of of you PCs ip address must match the controller ip address. 4th number should be different I.e 192.168.168.100
Once you have connected to the controller you can change its ip address accordingly to suit your network settings and change your PCs ip address back.
(09-09-2017, 05:26 PM)Craig Wrote: Have you changed the ip address of your PC to be in the same network range as the default ip address of the controller? Basically the first 3 numbers of of you PCs ip address must match the controller ip address. 4th number should be different I.e 192.168.168.100
Once you have connected to the controller you can change its ip address accordingly to suit your network settings and change your PCs ip address back.

hi, i have just tried this and it will not let me change the IP address as it also asks for the Network gateway but wont let me change it to 0.0.0.0 as the controller instructions state. it says i must enter a value between 1-223 - also, where should my ethernet be plugged in? my pc or my router?

i have just been out an purchased a 10/100 ethernet switch - at present i have the router connected to that, then the ethernet out of the switch goes into my controller - I'm getting mysefl confused.
PC and controller must be connected to your internet router or switch. Gateway can normally be blank or the ip address of your router. Subnet is 255.255.255.0. Your PC is probably set to use get an ip address from your router using dhcp. You need to manually set an static ip address temporarily.
(09-09-2017, 07:33 PM)Craig Wrote: PC and controller must be connected to your internet router or switch. Gateway can normally be blank or the ip address of your router. Subnet is 255.255.255.0. Your PC is probably set to use get an ip address from your router using dhcp. You need to manually set an static ip address temporarily.

OK,

I have connected my PC to the switch Via ethernet
I have connected controller to switch also with ethernet

Router is connected to switch as the input (bloke in PC world said that was what i had to do)

I have tried changing the IP address of my router but now reverted back to original settings

I have also tried changing IP address of PC, both LAN and wireless network - to match the controllers IP range. I have been using the following:

IP address 192.168.168.131
Network Mask 255.255.255.0
gateway - left blank (also tried using routers IP address)

Preferred DNS server 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS 4.2.2.1 

When i go on Ethernet device manager my list is blank.

On the controller itself i have a solid red light and a flashing green light and the yellow and green LEDs on the ethernet port are flashing (yellow is static)
All sounds ok. Try the refresh button on the device manager. Also turn off any firewall incase that is blocking comms. Also if your router is connected check for any `multicast` option and ensure multicast is enabled. Also Disable wireless or ensure its on a different network range.