Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet controller problems
Sad 
I've just updated my software to the newest version and my test pixel star I made and had working a month ago no longer works.

All I get from the test sequence is mad flickering and it seems to crash the controller. It needs to be turned on and off again to show back up again.

I have tried different sets of pixels, powers supplies etc and it still does the same.

Really can't understand how everything was working lovely and now it's not Sad
Hi Daniel

Changes have been made to the test sequence in the ethernet device manager in the latest software to allow you to control the speed of the test pattern along with a few other changes ready for the next firmware release (V1.10) of the Pixel controller. However the test sequence should still work with versions V1.05 and V1.07 of the firmware.

Please use the channel control first to check the pixels respond correctly when the Red, Green, Blue sliders are moved. Use channel 0 to control all pixels on the output simultaneously. Check all pixels produce the correct colours. If you still experience flickering check the wiring and double check the controller config. Also try re-positioning the controller as it maybe static being picked if the controller is on carpet or tabletop etc. Also try a different output on the controller if you haven't already. If you have got a Volt meter, check the voltage is around 5v at controller/1st pixel. If you have a long cable to the first pixel, try a shorter cable. If you still have problems let me know.