Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singing face wiring
Hi All

Just a quick question i am thinking of making some faces but a little restricted for space so i am intersted to see if i made a face using 2 boards sized around 800mm wide by 450mm high boards. do you think this would work out well.
so 900mm high and 850mm wide.

Thanks
(30-12-2016, 10:52 PM)srs_uk Wrote: Hi All

Just a quick question i am thinking of making some faces but a little restricted for space so i am intersted to see if i made a face using 2 boards sized around 800mm wide by 450mm high boards. do you think this would work out well.
so 900mm high and 850mm wide.

Thanks
Hi, I made my pumpkin face out of two boards which I then could slot together as I had to transport it to my daughters house and as one large board it wouldn't fit in the car. See my videos on the Halloween page.
Phil
I wil have a bash at doing it have access to a laser cutter so would save a lot of drilling of holes etc. Potentially could do the same with christmas trees i guess..
Thanks for the reply.
(31-12-2016, 02:50 PM)srs_uk Wrote: I wil have a bash at doing it have access to a laser cutter so would save a lot of drilling of holes etc. Potentially could do the same with christmas trees i guess..
Thanks for the reply.

I think all the singing faces I have seen use the same basic layout, Eyes open, closed, mouth top, bottom, middle, "O" and Ahh then one channel for the outline. Obviously how you actually position them on the board determines whether its a tree, pumpkin or snowman etc.
Phil
Hi All
I have spent a while looking at the pumpkins in preparation for Halloween hopefully an admin can confirm what power supply would be needed for this lot or if a bundle to do this would be possible.

1. Eyes Closed 36 Leds (18 Each Side)
  2. Left Eye 36 Leds
  3. Right Eye 36 Leds
  4. Mouth Top 36 Leds
  5. Mouth Middle 36 Leds
  6. Mouth Bottom 48 Leds (2 x 24)
  7. Mouth Rounded 60 Leds (1 x 24 & 2 x 18)
  8. Mouth Oooh 24 Leds
Total of 312 Leds

A 1 Amp power supply would be recommended for 312 Leds, but you could use a 600ma as not all sections will be illuminated together.
(03-01-2017, 11:45 AM)ForumAdmin Wrote: A 1 Amp power supply would be recommended for 312 Leds, but you could use a 600ma as not all sections will be illuminated together.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I hope to make these up soon and see how they turn out.
OMG that would be great, please, please support our light shows so we can keep them updated and fresh for our viewers. I'm in the process of my singing faces I just received my quartet from The US but not have a migraine trying to work out the lights to use but more worrying it seems that I need to use AC controllers which I need 42 & at £79 each is bringing me out in a sweat, I'm going to search this forum for help & advice, I have also emailed syncrolight for advice as the animation light packs come supplied with DC controllers which I don't understand. The 32 channels that I need cost £120 so a big price difference. Then I'm looking for songs that have been already synced for my 4 singing faces I really don't want to have to program them as with the other elements of the show. Thanks for your input