Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with pixels
Sad 
Hello!
Please find the attached video, and it’s important you watch until the end!
Link: https://youtu.be/L83bOYbktWM

May someone please explain what is happening? I have already tried using force address. If you would like more information, please just tell me to do so. 

King regards, 
Jack. (Teresa’s son).
(05-08-2023, 01:23 PM)Teresa Wrote: Hello!
Please find the attached video, and it’s important you watch until the end!
Link: https://youtu.be/L83bOYbktWM

May someone please explain what is happening? I have already tried using force address. If you would like more information, please just tell me to do so. 

King regards, 
Jack. (Teresa’s son).

hi 

can i hae some more infomation please. 

also what is the ip address of the controller your trying to connect to?

kind regards 

Jack
Hello Jack! 

Thank you so much for coming back to me - I appreciate it!

So, as you saw in the video, I was trying to use the IP address of 192.168.1.78.
I got a reply from it, on the cmd prompt, however no reply from the software it self.

I do not know what I have done wrong, and hopefully you could fix it. 

Jack.
hi jack 

on your network adaptor settings, try changing the ethernet adaptors ipv4 ip address to 192.168.168.100

I've attached a link on how to do this.  

https://flir.custhelp.com/app/answers/de...gs-on-a-pc 

also make sure the ethernet controller is directly wired to the ethernet port on the PC/Laptop

kind regards 

jack
Hi Jack,

Thank you for the video, and information. 

Regarding the connection, I was told it is meant to attach to the internet hub both the laptop/pc and the controller.

I’m not so sure?

King regards, 
Jack

Ah, forget that that works and shows the light. 

How should I connect it to the software now? 
I have done the IP as 192.168.168.100.

Jack

(05-08-2023, 07:53 PM)Teresa Wrote: Hi Jack,

Regarding the connection, I was told it is meant to attach to the internet hub both the laptop/pc and the controller.

I’m not so sure?

King regards, 
Jack

It also has a reply from that IP.

Jack

I’m not so sure?

King regards, 
Jack

Jack

I’m not so sure?

King regards, 
Jack

It also has a reply from that IP.

Jack
hi jack 

on the show designer, you need to change the ip address to match that of the controller. 

i would recommend also changing the last 3 digits of the MAC  address this makes the controller unique and it wont interfere if you have other controllers connected. change the last 3 digits of the mac address to matc the last 3 digits of the ip address if that makes sence?

kind regards 

Jack
Wait what should I do? I don’t really get it sorry! ?

Jack
(05-08-2023, 08:32 PM)Teresa Wrote: Wait what should I do? I don’t really get it sorry! ?

Jack

hi Jack 

sorry should of explained it better. 

on the configuration editor in the show designer you need to change the ip address to match that of the controller. 

you can do this by clicking on the pixel item and clicking the pixel item config button then click configure.

kind regards

jack
(05-08-2023, 08:37 PM)grigg Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 08:32 PM)Teresa Wrote: Wait what should I do? I don’t really get it sorry! ?

Jack

hi Jack 

on the configuration editor in the show designer you need to change the ip address to match that of the controller. 

you can do this by clicking on the pixel item and clicking the pixel item config button then click configure.

kind regards

jack

Hey Jack,
 I have done that now, and have pressed play on the test show and my pixels aren’t lighting up? 

Do you know?
Jack
(05-08-2023, 08:39 PM)Teresa Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 08:37 PM)grigg Wrote:

Jack

hi Jack 

kind regards

jack

Hey Jack,
 I have done that now, and have pressed play on the test show and my pixels aren’t lighting up? 

Do you know?
Jack
hi jack 

on the configuration is there green ticks instead of red x's? if there still red x's click on the red x and it will display what the issue is.

kind regards

jack