Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the interactive App
I may have missed something somewhere but are there any instructions for setting up the app for interactive shows? I have dowloaded the app on my phone and enabled it in show player, but when I click connect on the app it says to check settings, but I can't seem to find an option for settings. Also what do I tell my visitors to do in order to use the App.
Phil
You need to change the settings in the app to point to the IP address of your computer running the Show Player. Short video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbPiJdx_Fqw

The phone also needs to be connected to your WiFi network, you can optionally set the WiFi name in the app if you want to app to auto connect to an unsecured WiFi network.
Also check your router or windows firewall is not blocking the connection between Android app and Show Player application

Hope that helps.
(30-11-2016, 11:44 AM)ForumAdmin Wrote: You need to change the settings in the app to point to the IP address of your computer running the Show Player. Short video below.

The phone also needs to be connected to your WiFi network, you can optionally set the WiFi name in the app if you want to app to auto connect to an unsecured WiFi network.
Also check your router or windows firewall is not blocking the connection between Android app and Show Player application

Hope that helps.

I still can't open the settings in the app. On my Samsung S6 using the latest update the button to the left of the home button takes me to the screen showing what apps are running on the phone it doesn't open the settings tab. The one to the right of the home button is the back button taking you back to the previous screen. So not sure how to open the settings, the screen won't scroll up or down, tried swiping left right and up and down but no joy. I am sure there must be a "gesture" to take me to the settings but I can't find it.
(30-11-2016, 11:55 PM)magical46 Wrote:
(30-11-2016, 11:44 AM)ForumAdmin Wrote: You need to change the settings in the app to point to the IP address of your computer running the Show Player. Short video below.

Hope that helps.

I still can't open the settings in the app. On my Samsung S6 using the latest update the button to the left of the home button takes me to the screen showing what apps are running on the phone it doesn't open the settings tab. The one to the right of the home button is the back button taking you back to the previous screen. So not sure how to open the settings, the screen won't scroll up or down, tried swiping left right and up and down but no joy. I am sure there must be a "gesture" to take me to the settings but I can't find it.

Big Grin hi i have a samsung s6 if you hold down the back button for about 3 seconds it comes up with settings at the bottom Big Grin  
(01-12-2016, 03:06 PM)steve 1 Wrote:
(30-11-2016, 11:55 PM)magical46 Wrote:

Hope that helps.

Big Grin hi i have a samsung s6 if you hold down the back button for about 3 seconds it comes up with settings at the bottom Big Grin  

Well I would never have worked that out by trial and error Wink