Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC08A issue
Hi Folks

I was mounting and setting up some controllers and have inadvertently given one of them an ID that I had already issued to the last controller I added. Now only 1 of them shows up when I check the RS485 tab or click to browse. I have a solid led but the controller is invisible to all intents and purposes. I assume I need to default this controller back to ID1 but no idea how to do this?

Thanks
If you have 2 controllers with the same ID, power off (or disconnect) ONE of the controllers. You will then be able to access the other controller from the Device Manager and reset its ID.

It is OK to have 2 controllers with the same ID by the way. They will just work identically when the show is playing.

Craig.
Thanks Craig, sorted.
Sad 
Blush some how when trying to update the firmware in my DC08A devices I have now lost all connection to the device manager.  I have 6 units, 2 of them updated successfully 4 of them have the red LED as steady but do not display on device manager.  Can I reset them in anyway?
(14-03-2022, 10:40 PM)lockey04@outlook.com Wrote: Blush some how when trying to update the firmware in my DC08A devices I have now lost all connection to the device manager.  I have 6 units, 2 of them updated successfully 4 of them have the red LED as steady but do not display on device manager.  Can I reset them in anyway?

Thanks to Craig, its all back up and working, by isolating the boards individually and then using the update software in device manager in manual mode and selecting device type, the firmware was forced back into the controller.  Really simple even I managed it.  Thanks again Craig