Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run a "Live" Pixel show?
Wondering ......

Is there any way to run a pixel show "live" - as in under direct real time control?

There is probably a really god reason why its not possible, - but if you think of stage lighting, DMX is a daisy chain of lights each with independant control ....
OK, - so DMX lights have independant addresses instead of being in a daisy chain....

Just thought it would be really cool to control my pixels from a virtual "desk" in real time.

Am sure its possible, but is it easy, practical, and affordable?

Hope some genius can point me in the right direction.
Thanks
OK! I will bite!
I hoped someone would give you a response, but 4 days later - no response!
Simple reply NO!
I don't like giving negative answers, but this Thread really blew my mind.
A pixel can consist of 3 chips (Red, Green and Blue). Data is sent to these chips at a certain rate and can be as quick as 450 - 650 microsecond for each bit. Data is sent in batches of eight bits to each chip, before it is then forwarded onto the next chip (i.e red to green and then blue) after that, it then progresses onto the next pixel. The gap/space in between each data bit is also important as is relevant to the chip being used (e.g. WS2812 etc. )
The Mcu in the controller hold the Firmware and you can use the Synchrilight software to change 'variables' etc. These Mcu's are 'embedded' in the system to enable faster commands and executions that are far more quicker than the human eye, brain and responses can cope with.
Have a look on 'You Tube' about programming Mcu's for Pixels, it may help you understand the work that has went into the software provided by Syncrolight and the issues and time it takes to programme one single Mcu. By the way - I am not employed by Syncrolight, just a customer like you.
Sorry it's not a positive response, but it gives you a 'pointer' into what this stuff entails.
Regards
Sandy
Sorry Phil
I was sloppy in reply. Should be nanoseconds NOT microseconds
Big difference in nano and micro
It was Hogmanay after all!!!!!
Regards
Sandy
Anyone / Sandy 123

I asked about runninbg a "live" show.... but am now wondering if it is possible to setup various different "moods" and run them continuously?

I am using CTRL-SL4000E-1000 controllers, from the SD card built in.

I have 2 cards, one with the free sample shows, and the controller just plays the list of files over and over.
I have another card with my special object specific show, which again runs contuously if I swap cards.

I am wondering about if it is possible for me to have a bunch of "mood" sequences that I create.... and how to run any one of them on a continous loop, ideally being able to change my "mood" comparatively easily .... in my dreams, through an app on my phone.... but maybe using Device sequence manager ? - I have not used this bit of the software .... yet ....

Any tips / ideas / thoughts much appreciated. (I think I am addicted!)
Thanks everyone.
Phil
Check your Private Messages.
Regards
Sandy