Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show player
hi all 
new to the site and software 
if you have opened a new show and created the show is there anyway of extending the time if you forget to do it at the beginning 

also if you have changed the length of time to 100 minutes it comes up with not responding and all i can do is shut the program down and reopen it

and one other thing is there a way of merging different shows into one show and is it possible to send the shows to the controller so you dont have to have a laptop connected all the time.
the controller i am currently using is a dc08

thanks in advance
Hi,

Yes in the Show Designer you can change the the duration in the Show Properties dialog, its accessed from File Menu (icon)/Show Properties.
Generally you have the show duration matching the audio file. The Show Designer is designed for creating individual shows to an audio track, typically 4 or 5 minutes. Although it is possible to create longer shows, I know several that have done shows about 40 minutes in length, you do need sufficient CPU power and RAM.  Generally you should use the Show Player Software to create playlists, that way you can create longer shows that repeat.

The DC08 has simple stand alone sequences (that you can change with the Device Sequence Manager) but does not have any built in Show Player functionality. You would need something like the SP10B Show Player to run shows without a computer. The SP10 has an SD card to store shows and has sound output so it can run without a computer as well as control other serial network controllers like the DC08.

Hope that answers your questions.

Craig