Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteor Lights
Hi,

For the last few years I've just been using LEDs with the 8 channel DC controllers, this year I'm looking to add to my display a bit and try some new things.

Looking at the Metors, just wondered if these are programmable or if the snowfall effect is fixed, and also can these be controlled by the DC controllers?

Also another quick question - If I were to get an SL-4000 controller, obviously this is an ethernet connection to the PC, I assume this would work as well as the DC controllers via USB at the same time in the software?

Thanks.
The meteor lights are not programmable. The snowfall effect just is random across tubes, however when turned on the first drop on all tubes is always together, so in light shows we often just turn the meteors on for one drop then turn off. They can be used on our AC, DC, or relay controllers. They current ones we have in stock are 24v so can be used on a DC controller with other lights.

With regards the SL-4000, yes this is Ethernet rather than RS485. Ethernet is better for pixels due to the amount of data and speed required. Yes the software runs Ethernet and RS485 networks together, providing you have a professional software license.

Craig
Thanks Craig.

I have the standard license, is there an upgrade price or would it be the full £90 to buy the pro version?  Alternatively is there a way of running one show via rs485 and then an ethernet one afterwards?
Yes there is an upgrade price. I will get the details emailed to you. You can run one network with the standard license, so in theory you could run one RS485 Show then one Ethernet Show, but you would need to manually change the network settings each time. But you would still need the Pro license to access all the features for Pixels.

Craig.