Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led String
Hello,

I have an led string that is running the eyes but for some reason they keep on lighting up dim even though it’s set to 100%.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this as the display piece is going up this Saturday.

Kind Regards

Nathan
You've not given much detail as to your setup, so much of this will be guesswork, or I'm suggesting things you've already tried.
To check the light String- swap over the string to another channel to see if the lights are still dim. If so, check the end connections/wires for damage. If they light up to full brilliance, then look at the connection to your channel on the controller that they were originally connected to. If they went into a DC Outlet (2.1mm socket), then check the connection of the 'Tail' in your controller. If the connection is good, then try swapping the 'Tail' with a known good one from another channel. If the Light string works now, then you have a dodgy DC outlet 'Tail'.
If there's no difference, then it could be moisture near the MOSFET for that channel.
Hope that helps
Sandy
Hello,

Thank you for the reply, 

It’s the eyes across all of my animations.

I have tested all strings in different ports yet still no luck and all cable  and LEDs have been checked plus they all worked fine before being installed into the animation .

All the other led strings work fine it’s only the eyes on all of them that don’t work. If I plug the eyes into a port that I know for a fact works I still get the same fault.

I originally had blue eyes had same fault and though it might be a dodgy string so bought a new set of a different colour and still no luck.

Would I need to join the two cables at the end to complete the DC circuit or should I not do that since it’s 3 and 2 core wires on the strings.

Kind Regards

Nathan

sandy123You've not given much detail as to your setup, so much of this will be guesswork, or I'm suggesting things you've already tried.
To check the light String- swap over the string to another channel to see if the lights are still dim. If so, check the end connections/wires for damage. If they light up to full brilliance, then look at the connection to your channel on the controller that they were originally connected to. If they went into a DC Outlet (2.1mm socket), then check the connection of the 'Tail' in your controller. If the connection is good, then try swapping the 'Tail' with a known good one from another channel. If the Light string works now, then you have a dodgy DC outlet 'Tail'.
If there's no difference, then it could be moisture near the MOSFET for that channel.
Hope that helps
Sandy
hi Nathan whats your configuration in the show designer also what type controllers are you using?
king regards jack
Information 
Hello,
I test in device manager and it’s also the same when I do run the show in the designer.
I set the eyes to 100% in the show.
All the controllers I am using are DC08’s.
Kind Regards
Nathan
(13-11-2019, 07:58 AM)Nathanm114 Wrote: Hello,
I test in device manager and it’s also the same when I do run the show in the designer.
Kind Regards
Nathan
hi nathan have you tried connecting each controller for each set of elements directly to the pc i would recommend trying this to rule out a problem somewhere else in your network also have you got the latest software v3.03.03 in this version it checks your configuration against the controllers configuration works for both ethernet and rs485 networks king regards jack
(13-11-2019, 06:29 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
Kind Regards
Nathan
hi Nathan have you tried connecting each controller for each set of elements directly to the pc i would recommend trying this to rule out a problem somewhere else in your network also have you got the latest software v3.03.03 in this version it checks your configuration against the controllers configuration works for both ethernet and rs485 networks king regards jack

Hello,

Have tried this with no luck plus software is on the latest version.

When I test I prefer to do it one at a time.

Kind Regards

Nathan
(13-11-2019, 07:52 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
Kind Regards
Nathan
hi Nathan have you tried connecting each controller for each set of elements directly to the pc i would recommend trying this to rule out a problem somewhere else in your network also have you got the latest software v3.03.03 in this version it checks your configuration against the controllers configuration works for both ethernet and rs485 networks king regards jack

Hello,

Kind Regards

Nathan

hi nathan have you tried unplugging everything else from the controller and leaving just the eyes plugged in i had a few controllers last year that when all the outputs are in use it made the output before that go a little dimmer (e.g i had a white string on output 1 and a blue string on output 2 put when i plugged a string into output 3 both the previous outputs went dimmer) also what power supply are you using for the controller itself kind regards jack
(13-11-2019, 11:06 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
Kind Regards
Nathan

Hello,

Kind Regards

Nathan

hi nathan have you tried unplugging everything else from the controller and leaving just the eyes plugged in i had a few controllers last year that when all the outputs are in use it made the output before that go a little dimmer (e.g i had a white string on output 1 and a blue string on output 2 put when i plugged a string into output 3 both the previous outputs went dimmer) also what power supply are you using for the controller itself kind regards jack

Hello,

I haven’t tried that so I will look into that but in regards to power supply I bought it from syncrolight them self’s. Just read an update on the product page that has been added since the purchase of the power supply.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/ProductDetails...2A-SW.aspx

Kind Regards

Nathan
(13-11-2019, 11:41 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:06 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
Kind Regards
Nathan

Hello,

Kind Regards

Nathan

Hello,

I haven’t tried that so I will look into that but in regards to power supply I bought it from syncrolight them self’s. Just read an update on the product page that has been added since the purchase of the power supply.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/ProductDetails...2A-SW.aspx

Kind Regards

Nathan
hi nathan, have you tried the 24v 5amp power supply  kind regards jack