Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mzhd8YA...s=5c06e2b3

For Chevychase (and anybody else interested). Hope this helps with your issue on your thread

The two Stars at the front (beginning of video) are made of RGB Strips and controlled by a 3 channel controller on 'standalone mode. Powered by 12v DC 6 Amp supply.
The snowman, two large bushes, arch and five rose bushes are LED strings controlled by  2 x 8 Channel controllers which are then controlled from an SD Card Controller (in master mode). about 1800 LEDs in total. Powered from (regulated) 24v DC supply (with adjustable voltage). Roses are 60LED strings and Large bushes are 200 LED strings, so voltage adjusted to strike a balance between 200 and 60 LED strings brightness. Using unregulated supply for this would no doubt burn out, or shorten the life of the 60 LED strings. SD card controller fed from 12v supply used for stars.
Lights in windows, above garage doors etc. and some in back garden (towards end of video) are fed from 24v transformer (unregulated). Very fast changing of circuits controlled from my own controllers, but current is mainly constant and using about 4 amps. More or less constant load, so the unregulated 24v is good enough.
Very nice. I`ll have to take a video of my own when I get chance. Is that an AtmosFX projection you are using in the window? I`m looking at projections for next halloween.
Yep! It's from AtmosFX. Hope my explanation was helpful with regards to the supplies and possible issues
Yes helpful thanks.