Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single channel permanently on
Question 
Hi all,

I’m fairly new to the forum so please excuse any incorrect terminology!  Smile

I bought and setup the plug and play 8 channel controller. The shows using the pre made packs looks fantastic.

The only issue is that channel number 8 is constantly on? I’ve tried using strings from the other channels (strings proved to be working) however it’s still stuck on. 

As it happens channel 8 is over head so it doesn’t look too bad them being stuck on but it’s irritating! Any suggestions on what could be at fault and how to fix it.

I’ve tried controlling the channels brightness and on/off using the device manager in the software but that doesn’t do anything on no 8 either.
Hi
Sounds very much like there's moisture in your controller.
If the problem persists you can return your controller for us to look at and repair either now  or after Christmas if you would rather wait.

Jane
Syncrolight
(26-11-2018, 10:31 AM)Jane Wrote: If the problem persists you can return your controller for us to look at and repair either now  or after Christmas if you would rather wait.

Jane
Syncrolight

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your speedy response.

I will leave it until after christmas unless it can be swapped like for like under warranty so I can get the show back up and running again in a couple of weeks? What costs will be involved as that will also dictate how fast I can get the repair done.

If it is moisture on the board i'm not sure how that could have happened as it is inside the waterproof enclosure and I have also siliconed round the seal. Is there anything I can do to try 'dry' the board and plugs? Will a hair dryer do the trick?

Regards,
Robson Harrison
If it is moisture, it will have got in through the glands (where the cables and leads enter the box). It doesn't take much moisture to short across tracks and components on the pcb. The FET for that channel will then 'turn on' fully when the board is powered up. Open the cover and check inside, especially underside of the controller. A Hair Dryer will do the trick, BUT be careful!!!!!!! Low heat and low speed, keep the nozzle away from the circuit board and move the nozzle around so that you don't cause 'localised' heating on any part of the board which may damage the components.
Hope that helps
Sandy
We would be able to repair under the warranty. 

Jane
Syncrolight
Thanks evebody,

I’ll hopefully get round to trying this tomorrow. If I have no look I’ll be in touch Jane Smile

Robson

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)