Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry PI INFO please
up until now my Raspberry PI has done nothing except play atari games. However Can i use my PI as a simple plug in and auto play the shows?
Yes we often use the Raspberry PI for displays. The Pi takes a bit of setting up as you need to install the sound driver and driver for the USB-RS485 cable. The instructions for setting up were on another thread - https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/show...=Raspberry

One all setup you then have to export your Show to a .shp format file using the Show Designer and then copy the .sho and .wav file to the Pi using a file copy program (such as Putty / PSCP command).

The Show Player for the Pi is command line based with several command line parameter for setting schedule times etc. The latest version also allows triggering from external push buttons connected to the GPIO pins of the Pi.
thanks craig
(26-08-2018, 07:07 PM)Craig Wrote: Yes we often use the Raspberry PI for displays.  The Pi takes a bit of setting up as you need to install the sound driver and driver for the USB-RS485 cable. The instructions for setting up were on another thread -  https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/show...=Raspberry

One all setup you then have to export your Show to a .shp format file using the Show Designer and then copy the .sho and .wav file to the Pi using a file copy program (such as Putty / PSCP command).

The Show Player for the Pi is command line based with several command line parameter for setting schedule times etc. The latest version also allows triggering from external push buttons connected to the GPIO pins of the Pi.

Just wondering if this latest version of the Raspberry Pi Player was available as I still have the old one and can't find a download for the latest.
Latest version attached.

Works with our Ethernet Controllers and RS485 controllers.
Can optionally be triggered via a button connected to GPIO pins.
Optional status LED via GPIO pins.
Optional daily schedule via text file.

.tar   player.tar (Size: 210 KB / Downloads: 5)
Many thanks!