Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing issues...HELP!!
I am trying to set up a show for Hallowen. Have my pumpkins (set of plug and play lights) working fine, my pumpkin face (animation set with DC08 controller) working fine. However I have just added a set of RGB Pixel lights with SD card controller and put in sequencs for them in show designer but now when I play the lights are all falling behind the music and by half way through they are several seconds behind.
The plug and play is controller no.1
the DC08 os no.2
and the SD card controller no.3, set to RS485 slave.

All the lights do what they are supposed to just getting more and more behind the music as it goes on.
What have I done wrong?
If you are driving the pixels fast with fast changes and the transmit light on the USB is on constantly, then there is too much data for the USB. If you are running at the default 57600 baud rate, increase the baud rate to 250000. That will increase the communications speed to the controllers.

To change the baud rate, use the device manager and change the baud rate on all your controllers, then change the speed of you USB-485 network in the Show Designer.

Increasing the speed should solve your issue, but if it doesn't you may have to change your show so the pixel changes are slower, or control pixels in pairs rather than individually.

Pixels require a lot of data. This is one of the issues with Pixels and relatively slow serial communications. If using a lot of pixels then the Ethernet controller is best, as Ethernet is much faster.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig.
Thanks for the advice, I will try cutting down the number of pixels in use and play around with the other things you suggest. I am off on holiday tomorrow so will play when I get back in10 days or so. Will let you know when I have it sorted.