Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led String
If you started with Blue and cut them to fit/suit the eyes, then it's possible that you cut them in the wrong place. Only cut where there are two wires (and as a last resort!) - don't cut the three wires part of the string.
This may have been the problem with your Blue LED strings (I'm not aware of any short strings in Blue. 60 is the shortest I think). You may be using the 36 LED strings now, for each set of eyes, but as far as I'm aware these are 'Warm' white and will appear dimmer especially when they are contracted against other 'brighter' colours.
You can always try dimming the other sets/channels so that the difference isn't that obvious
Regards
Sandy
(14-11-2019, 10:04 PM)sandy123 Wrote: If you started with Blue and cut them to fit/suit the eyes, then it's possible that you cut them in the wrong place. Only cut where there are two wires (and as a last resort!) - don't cut the three wires part of the string.
This may have been the problem with your Blue LED strings (I'm not aware of any short strings in Blue. 60 is the shortest I think). You may be using the 36 LED strings now, for each set of eyes, but as far as I'm aware these are 'Warm' white and will appear dimmer especially when they are contracted against other 'brighter' colours.
You can always try dimming the other sets/channels so that the difference isn't that obvious
Regards
Sandy
Hello,

I always cut at the point it is 2 core.

As long as i can get them working before they go up onto the display I will be very happy.

I will have a play around with brightness once fitted and working.

Kind Regards

Nathan
I've monitored this thread, mainly because your show was tonight. I saw you were logged on this evening, but NO FEEDBACK from you. We tried to help, that's what this Forum is about. it's a two way thing! I waited 24 hrs before I gave you any pointers, I will certainly wait a lot longer before I consider any input to your threads in the future!
Let people know!
(17-11-2019, 12:10 AM)sandy123 Wrote: I've monitored this thread, mainly because your show was tonight. I saw you were logged on this evening, but NO FEEDBACK from you. We tried to help, that's what this Forum is about. it's a two way thing! I waited 24 hrs before I gave you any pointers, I will certainly wait a lot longer before I consider any input to your threads in the future!
Let people know!

Hello,

I do apologise for not getting back sooner.

The outcome was that we had to order smaller sets of strings to go into the eyes which cost me an arm and a leg to get here for the next day. We fitted the LEDs to the animations last night and pleased to say it all works but with some problems 1 of the strings purchased already had a dud section in it brand new out the box.

They are being fitted today and if I get a chance I shall post a picture tonight for you all with an update.

Please accept my apologies Sandy.

We didn’t finish installing the LEDs till gone 1 am this morning.

Kind Regards

Nathan