Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error loading show illegal characters in path
hello every one,

never posted on here before thought I would give it ago for some reason everytime I load showplayer I get this error that comes up and stays on front of my screen no matter what I open any ideas this is the error (error loading show -illegal characters in path) not sure why I'm getting this all of a sudden ive tried the old turn of and on again and get the same error 

thanks
Hi if you are getting an error "Loading show" message it would suggest the software is looking for a show file that is incorrectly named on your PC.
Have you changed the name of any of the .sho or slp files recently ?
windows may accept a name with characters that this software doesn't accept.
have you tried close under the file menu before you load or create a new slp file.
last thing I would try is to load the latest version of the software - make sure you have copies of any .sho and slp files you have.

hope this helps

Steve
hi steve,

thanks for the reply, I cant update to the latest version as been told it is a yearly cost the version I brought last year  was suppose to be lifetime with updates I don't believe in paying for a yearly subscription for something I have already paid for and something I'm only going to use twice a year ( no offence Craig/Jane) I haven't changed anything this is what I cant understand I finished programming a show and switched of laptop since then ive been getting this error but have not changed anything

many thanks
Have you tried moving your saved file folder ?
Try moving your folder to another location on your laptop, I keep mine on the desktop, also read on here to keep the sho folder separate from the slp folder.
Check the names of both sho and slf file names especially the last one you added.to make sure there are no illegal characters there
Open each sho in show designer. Open each file in player
Both designer and player load the last used file, try opening a different file in both applications (designer and player) then closing them and trying again

Also try computer task manager to see if you can end the window showing the error message.
Hope this helps you find the problem

Steve