Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pixel Grid animation questions
Hi All,

Thanks for the earlier help with getting up and running, I am really liking the software and getting to grips quite quickly with the basics Smile

Just for testing and messing around I have arranged a 5V 2812 strip into a 6 row * 10 column arrangement and its hooked up to an SD card controller. Please excuse the temporary Ryvita packet it is taped on to as I was doing this late evening Rolleyes

I'm just been playing around trying to get familiar with the software etc and ran into a few problems which I couldn't get my head around so hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

If I individually set LED's on the bottom grid or solid colours etc they work fine they also seem to work fine with other 2d animation effect such as the Meteor shower.

If I try and do frame animation i just seem to get really random results so presumably I'm doing something very wrong here as I am convinced the software and hardware are doing what they are supposed to as solid colours and individual LEDs can be controlled with no issues. I tried to do something a bit like a moving St Georges flag to test it out and here is a youtube link that hopefully gives a good idea what seems to be happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x38wliWlmE

It seems that I can turn LEDs on (not always the right ones) and cant turn them back off, I have tried on each frame selecting black and clicking on the affected bits which didnt seem to make a difference.

Also while playing around with the pixel grid I had another question, how does the Animated Image option work? Sorry to be a pain, I was kinda hoping to get some animated images going and thought this was probably the right option to be using but I couldnt find any instructions for it like what type of images can be used/where to import from etc.

Thanks

Tom

Messages In This Thread
Pixel Grid animation questions - by TomP - 10-01-2017, 11:34 PM
RE: Pixel Grid animation questions - by TomP - 13-01-2017, 09:13 AM
RE: Pixel Grid animation questions - by TomP - 16-01-2017, 07:54 PM