Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!!! Showplayer and pixels
I bought a showplayer , dc08 and Sl-4000 pixel controller , apparently it's not the best match Sad.

Now my question is, If I throw the Sl-4000 in the bin , what pixel controller do I need to run pixel with the showplayer and dc08?

I hope I can get some help in here, a bit down about it and feel a bit lost here 

Thanks ?
To run both RS-485 and ethernet controllers together you need to use either a windows PC, SL-8000 or Raspberry Pi to run the display.

The table on the website (and in the link below) clearly shows which controllers have rs485 and/or ethernet.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/images/controllersTable.png

Pixels require a significant amount of data and hence are not generally well suited for RS485. Hence all our pixel controllers currently use ethernet, and allow several thousand pixels to be connected per controller.
(18-12-2020, 09:11 PM)Craig Wrote: To run both RS-485 and ethernet controllers together you need to use either a windows PC, SL-8000 or Raspberry Pi to run the display.

The table on the website (and in the link below) clearly shows which controllers have rs485 and/or ethernet.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/images/controllersTable.png

Pixels require a significant amount of data and hence are not generally well suited for RS485. Hence all our pixel controllers currently use ethernet, and allow several thousand pixels to be connected per controller.

Yeah okay.. it's not easy to be a newbie I see ... 
I simply bought the wrong items then, good to know.

Thanks ?
If you use a SL-8000, Pi or windows PC in the future, you can still use your SL-4000 and SP10 as slave devices. You often need several pixel controllers as you cannot run long cables for pixels. 

The SP10 and SL-4000 is a good place to start.
(18-12-2020, 10:15 PM)Craig Wrote: If you use a SL-8000, Pi or windows PC in the future, you can still use your SL-4000 and SP10 as slave devices. You often need several pixel controllers as you cannot run long cables for pixels. 

The SP10 and SL-4000 is a good place to start.

Have the Windows PC, just dont know if it can stay in the garage (if not I can drag a ethernet cable from inside the house)..

Well deffo need to look into one of the other controllers and then start out with what I have (just a shame the pixels can't run to the music - but that's how it is , I need to study products better in the future)

It's not gonna be my last things for sure ?...

Thanks
Rainbow 
Hi all, I have set up my Ethernet pixel controller and added a sequence to one of my shows successfully.  but I would like to run some sequences between the shows much like how my AC & DC controllers operate between shows

Any ideas?
The standard ethernet pixel controller does not have any built-in stand-alone functionality (unlike the SL-4000 which does via the SD card), however you could use the idle sequence functionality of the Show Player Software. In the Interactive tab of the Show Player you can define a list of 'idle' sequences, these will play between shows. Its designed for playing 'idle' shows when in interactive mode (using the app / show selector) but these 'idle' shows will also play when in a timed/scheduled mode. See attached image.

Craig.

(10-11-2021, 07:31 PM)Craig Wrote: The standard ethernet pixel controller does not have any built-in stand-alone functionality (unlike the SL-4000 which does via the SD card), however you could use the idle sequence functionality of the Show Player Software. In the Interactive tab of the Show Player you can define a list of 'idle' sequences, these will play between shows. Its designed for playing 'idle' shows when in interactive mode (using the app / show selector) but these 'idle' shows will also play when in a timed/scheduled mode. See attached image.

Craig.

Great thanks for the advice I will give it a go and let you know how it works out

Big Grin
(11-11-2021, 08:59 AM)lockey04@outlook.com Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 07:31 PM)Craig Wrote: The standard ethernet pixel controller does not have any built-in stand-alone functionality (unlike the SL-4000 which does via the SD card), however you could use the idle sequence functionality of the Show Player Software. In the Interactive tab of the Show Player you can define a list of 'idle' sequences, these will play between shows. Its designed for playing 'idle' shows when in interactive mode (using the app / show selector) but these 'idle' shows will also play when in a timed/scheduled mode. See attached image.

Craig.

Great thanks for the advice I will give it a go and let you know how it works out

Big Grin

Hi Craig, I have an issue with my pixels I have 3 links with 800 pixels in each link, 2 of the links have the 1st pixel that flashes white when powered, it not a big issue 1 in 800.  but one of the stings has around 300 of them randomly flashing any ideas?