Syncrolight Forum
Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Halloween (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2

Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - ForumAdmin - 10-09-2016

We get many requests for Halloween Sequences featuring a talking pumpkin face. To help anyone looking to do such a Halloween sequence this year, here is a compete Syncrolight sequence for the song "This is Halloween". The attached sequence also contains the visualisation file.

We cannot include the audio for copyright reasons, so you will need to purchase this from somewhere. I have uploaded a video of the sequence with audio to YouTube to help you get the right audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5jYv1f_aU

The sequence demonstrates a large pumpkin face with moving eyes and mouth, as well as a group of pumpkins (not sure what you call a group of pumpkins exactly - maybe a Pumpkin Patch). The display is also framed with an addressable LED strip. The pumpkins are configured to be RGB, but this can be changed.

Enjoy..

[attachment=1]

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - Craig - 13-09-2016

Here is the Pumpkin face that we made several years ago. It was made from two sheets of ply painted black, with lots of holes drilled for plain LED light strings.
[attachment=6][attachment=4]

The LEDs were then pushed into the holes and some hot glue applied to the reverse to keep them in place. It took a weekend to make and has provided us with several years of use.

[attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=5]

It runs from 2 Syncrolight DC08 controllers, but you could manage with one controller if you wanted to cut down on the animation.

One sheet has the eyes the other the mouth. They are simply fixed together and put in the garden on Halloween. It often takes us a while to get all the channels wired the correct way though (as we always forget to label the wires them when we take it down in the dark after Halloween! ). But its quite entertaining to watch the face with the wiring all wrong. Big Grin

Hope someone find the photos helpful, If anyone has any questions or wants more details please let me know.

Craig.

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - magical46 - 22-09-2016

(13-09-2016, 07:23 PM)Craig Wrote: Here is the Pumpkin face that we made several years ago. It was made from two sheets of ply painted black, with lots of holes drilled for plain LED light strings.

The LEDs were then pushed into the holes and some hot glue applied to the reverse to keep them in place. It took a weekend to make and has provided us with several years of use.

It runs from 2 Syncrolight DC08 controllers, but you could manage with one controller if you wanted to cut down on the animation.

One sheet has the eyes the other the mouth. They are simply fixed together and put in the garden on Halloween. It often takes us a while to get all the channels wired the correct way though (as we always forget to label the wires them when we take it down in the dark after Halloween! ). But its quite entertaining to watch the face with the wiring all wrong. Big Grin

Hope someone find the photos helpful, If anyone has any questions or wants more details please let me know.

Craig.

I have created a similar face using two sheets of plastic "art" board from "The Range" no drilling just a sharp implement to make the holes.
I had started a sequence for "This is Halloween" but have now downloaded the above sample sequence, I don't have the LED strip but can amend that plus I am using my set of plug and play lights for the pumpkins. One question How do I add the music to the sample sequence? I already have the music.

Phil

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - Craig - 25-09-2016

Sounds like that would save a lot of drilling! Yes you can adjust the sequence to your needs,  simply delete the led strip from the sequence if you are not using this.

To add the music select the ' File/Show Properties' menu item in the Show Designer and enter (or select) the audio file in the 'Soundtrack Filename' field on this properties screen. Music files in a .wav format files work best. The software will automatically convert mp3 to wav for you.

[attachment=7]

Craig

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - srs_uk - 31-12-2016

Evening all I have spent some time drawing these today i have stuck with syncrolight string lengths to prevent cutting of strings etc I will try to cut a couple out and see how they work out. currently 7 channel as i havent decided if to have a additional mouth movement or an outline round the whole pumpkin to keep a single 8 channel controller each board is 800mm x 450mm total size of whole board is 900mm high x 450mm wide.

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - srs_uk - 02-01-2017

one question with regards to the show download above it points to a short version of the track is this available for download as everthing is out of sync. i have downloaded the track from amazon.
Thanks

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - r6sporty - 15-10-2017

Hi, i'm completely new to this and want to give the animated pumpkin face and singing pumpkins ago. can someone tell me what I would need to create this please.
How many led strings, controllers etc. would the animation pack be enough to do this?
thanks
Dean

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - Jane - 15-10-2017

An animation pack would be enough to make a talking face depending on how big you want it we do have different size animation packs and a choice of plug and play or DIY.  There is a plan for a talking face further back on this thread also a sequence.

Jane

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - r6sporty - 25-08-2018

(10-09-2016, 03:04 PM)ForumAdmin Wrote: We get many requests for Halloween Sequences featuring a talking pumpkin face. To help anyone looking to do such a Halloween sequence this year, here is a compete Syncrolight sequence for the song "This is Halloween". The attached sequence also contains the visualisation file.

We cannot include the audio for copyright reasons, so you will need to purchase this from somewhere. I have uploaded a video of the sequence with audio to YouTube to help you get the right audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5jYv1f_aU

The sequence demonstrates a large pumpkin face with moving eyes and mouth, as well as a group of pumpkins (not sure what you call a group of pumpkins exactly - maybe a Pumpkin Patch). The display is also framed with an addressable LED strip. The pumpkins are configured to be RGB, but this can be changed.

Enjoy..
Hi, I appreciate this is an old thread but im hoping you can help. I've downloaded your software and loaded this file but im a little confused with the physical set up. Do you use 1 channel ( 1 string of leds ) per small pumpkin or do you split the strings across a number of small pumpkins? and how many channels are used for the pumpkin eyes and mouth? I'm looking at buying the 800 LED Animation Lighting Pack. would this be enough to create this display?
Is there away I can see which channel is controlling which section?
Thanks in advance

RE: Singing Pumpkins and Pumpkin Face - Craig - 26-08-2018

If you look in the Configuration Editor within the Show Designer you can see (and edit) the configuration of channels.

The Small Pumpkins in the display are configured as Pixels but you can however change this to light strings if you like (but with a light string they will only illuminate in one colour, so you will need to tweek the show accordingly). You will need 1 Channel per pumpkin.

The large pumpkin as configured uses two 8 Channel DC08 Controllers, but the eyes require 3 Channels as they can blink. If you omitted the blinking eyes you could use just one 8 Channel controller for the large pumpkin.