Syncrolight Forum
Pixel sl4000 network issues. - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pixel sl4000 network issues. (/showthread.php?tid=193)

Pixel sl4000 network issues. - Pauls - 26-11-2020

Received my sl4000 controller today.  First issue I found was no eithernet socket in my laptop so I have plugged it in to my router.  Went to device manager and ethernet and wasn't showing. So did the force network. And found it and accessed the controller.  Went to the ethernet tab to change the IP address and when I click save it comes up something about the sub net being different? Not sure how to sort it. I have managed to get it all working for tonight by changing the IP addresses in my shows configs but when the controller is powered off it loses that addresses. Anyone help? Also doesn't seem to save when I add a name for the controller.

RE: Pixel sl4000 network issues. - Pauls - 27-11-2020

So have had a play tonight. Still can't get it to save an IP address. Go to device manager and have to force it. Then when I click save in the network tab it doesn't do anything. Any ideas anyone? Currently have to force it was very nightbwjn I turn it on and have to do it again the next time I turn it on.

RE: Pixel sl4000 network issues. - cymglo - 27-11-2020

Hi,

What are the IP details of your PC? The controllers are programmed in a different range to most routers (192.168.0/1.xxx). I changed my pc to match the SL-4000 range when I set mine up.  Then set the details to what I needed, save & reboot controller and then change PC back.

(27-11-2020, 10:04 PM)cymglo Wrote: Hi,

What are the IP details of your PC? The controllers are programmed in a different range to most routers (192.168.0/1.xxx). I changed my pc to match the SL-4000 range when I set mine up.  Then set the details to what I needed, save & reboot controller and then change PC back.

thanks for the reply, i think this is my pc's ip address, 192.168.1.97. im trying on a different laptop now and i cant get any access to the controller with it plugged direct in to laptop. it wont even work if i force address

(27-11-2020, 10:44 PM)Pauls Wrote:

thanks for the reply, i think this is my pc's ip address, 192.168.1.97. im trying on a different laptop now and i cant get any access to the controller with it plugged direct in to laptop. it wont even work if i force address

Are you able to see it from the PC? If you find it using force address, you'll need to change the IP settings in device manager Ethernet tab of the controller.    If you run a command prompt on the PC and type ipconfig, this will give you the PC's IP address, subnet mask and gateway. 

If the PC is 192.168.1.97, set the controller to an unused address (i used 192.168.1.222), and make sure the subnet matches the pc. Gateway and DNS are normally the same.  After changing and pressing save, once you restart the controller it should hopefully have saved the new address.

(27-11-2020, 10:53 PM)cymglo Wrote:
(27-11-2020, 10:44 PM)Pauls Wrote:

Are you able to see it from the PC? If you find it using force address, you'll need to change the IP settings in device manager Ethernet tab of the controller.    If you run a command prompt on the PC and type ipconfig, this will give you the PC's IP address, subnet mask and gateway. 

If the PC is 192.168.1.97, set the controller to an unused address (i used 192.168.1.222), and make sure the subnet matches the pc. Gateway and DNS are normally the same.  After changing and pressing save, once you restart the controller it should hopefully have saved the new address.

Cymglo you my friend are a star, im not 100% sure what i did or how i did it but i have now got an ip adress saved in the controller, just need to go through my shows and change them all to this, thank you so much for your help.

Brilliant, glad you sorted it!  Smile