Syncrolight Forum
LED strip ws2811 - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: LED strip ws2811 (/showthread.php?tid=187)

LED strip ws2811 - miamivice - 21-11-2020

Hi
Just wondered if anyone can help point me in the right direction.
I have one WS2811 strip and it works perfectly - has 3 wires red, green black.

I decided to add another and the one that has been delivered is different. It has red green white and then red black.

i have wired it up as i think it should go, but all i get is red lights (when it should be white) 

Can anyone help with how this should be wired to the Ethernet pixel controller? (which wires go where in the connector?)

thanks

RE: LED strip ws2811 - cymglo - 21-11-2020

(21-11-2020, 07:53 PM)miamivice Wrote: Hi

I decided to add another and the one that has been delivered is different. It has red green white and then red black.

i have wired it up as i think it should go, but all i get is red lights (when it should be white) 

Can anyone help with how this should be wired to the Ethernet pixel controller? (which wires go where in the connector?)

thanks

Hi,

Is this the strip lights or light string? I'd assume for the first example red is +ve, black -ve and green data.
2nd one guessing at red +ve, green data white -ve, and the red black for extra power?

In the device manager when setting up a string I needed to change from RGB to RBG to get the correct colours.

Hope this helps.

RE: LED strip ws2811 - miamivice - 21-11-2020

(21-11-2020, 09:04 PM)cymglo Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

Is this the strip lights or light string? I'd assume for the first example red is +ve, black -ve and green data.
2nd one guessing at red +ve, green data white -ve, and the red black for extra power?

In the device manager when setting up a string I needed to change from RGB to RBG to get the correct colours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - that is what i got, but doesn't seem to work. i just get a red light instead of white and the red is about 50% brightness. 
I have tried swapping the colours in the device manager and most of the other configs show nothing, so its not that.

RE: LED strip ws2811 - grigg - 22-11-2020

(21-11-2020, 10:02 PM)miamivice Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Thanks - that is what i got, but doesn't seem to work. i just get a red light instead of white and the red is about 50% brightness. 
I have tried swapping the colours in the device manager and most of the other configs show nothing, so its not that.
hi have you tried looking at the strip with the issue and checking which wire is the data?

it could be that the wire are crossed when they join the strip i would check that the wires are correct first 

if your still having problems let me know 

kind regards

Jack

RE: LED strip ws2811 - miamivice - 22-11-2020

(22-11-2020, 03:13 PM)grigg Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

Hope this helps.

hi have you tried looking at the strip with the issue and checking which wire is the data?

it could be that the wire are crossed when they join the strip i would check that the wires are correct first 

kind regards

Jack

I think i may have seen the problem - I ordered 5v lights and have been sent 12v according to the strip. 

I also didn't notice the pug in the box and have cut the connector off to wire the lights up (If i had not i would send them back - i am not sure if they would accept them as returns now?)

So.........
everything else i have runs off 5v via the ethernet controller. Is there a way i can use these lights at all or are they just for the scrap? 
i have a 12v adapter but not sure how to connect this up?

I paid over £80 for them so don't really want to waste them.

RE: LED strip ws2811 - grigg - 22-11-2020

(22-11-2020, 04:07 PM)miamivice Wrote:
(22-11-2020, 03:13 PM)grigg Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

Hope this helps.

kind regards

Jack

I think i may have seen the problem - I ordered 5v lights and have been sent 12v according to the strip. 

I also didn't notice the pug in the box and have cut the connector off to wire the lights up (If i had not i would send them back - i am not sure if they would accept them as returns now?)

So.........
everything else i have runs off 5v via the ethernet controller. Is there a way i can use these lights at all or are they just for the scrap? 
i have a 12v adapter but not sure how to connect this up?

I paid over £80 for them so don't really want to waste them.

hi 

you would need to order a 12v power supply and connect the ethernet controller to the 12v power supply by doing this you wouldnt be able to use 5v lights on it 

it might be best to order a 12v 50amp power supply and another ethernet controller or maybe a SL-4000 

kind regards 

Jack