Syncrolight Forum
Loading shows in to show player that have pixels. - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Loading shows in to show player that have pixels. (/showthread.php?tid=186)

Loading shows in to show player that have pixels. - Pauls - 21-11-2020

So I have built my shows ready for when I get my pixel controller.  Have started to set up show player and I'm getting the attached come up when I add shows, what does it mean and what do I do?

Not sure the attachment is showing but is comes up to say " this show contains pixel effects with suppressed events so some effects will not be played. Please use the show designer to export the show for show player and load the resulting .shp file in to show player"

RE: Loading shows in to show player that have pixels. - Craig - 21-11-2020

The Show Player software will play .sho and .shp files. The .sho file is mainly for use in the Show Designer, whereas the .shp file is optimised for the Show Player. In the Show Designer there is an export option in the file menu to create the .shp file for use in the Show Player.

If you are using pixels its always best to use the .shp file in the Show Player. You can use the .sho file in the Show Player with pixels but in each of the pixel effects you need to untick the suppress building option (doing this will create a larger .sho file, but it will contain all the infomation that the Show Player requires).

Craig

RE: Loading shows in to show player that have pixels. - Pauls - 21-11-2020

Hi Craig

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok so I exported it for the shp and added this file to the show player. Redownloaded song titles to the show selector but now they won't play via this. 

Will try the other way of unticking that box.

Does it play in the Show Player if you manually play it (rather than from the Show Selector)? If not then its often because it cannot find the audio file. Ensure the audio file is in known location (ideally the same folder as the .shp) and the path in the show properties of the Show Designer is correct before the export. The .sho version will search your downloads folder for the audio if the audio path in the show properties is wrong, but the .shp will not.

Craig

Yes it played manually. So I have just added and tested one at a time and now all works. One last question.  The idle show that I have between people choosing songs. Do I put that in as a shp file as well. Just tryed and it only gives me the option of using a sho file. Will the pixels that I have programmed to this show work when it's running idle.

Yes you can use .shp as the idle. Just change the file filter to 'all files' and select your .shp file.

Craig

Great thank you. Thanks for all your help. I'm sure later in the week I will need more help once the pixel controller comes and I'm trying to set that up.