Syncrolight Forum
Newbie Questions - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Newbie Questions (/showthread.php?tid=185)

Newbie Questions - Pawtrax - 21-11-2020

Hi all. Thanks for letting me join the forum.

1. My first time doing a christmas light show. I am starting small (8Ch, 2 x Red & 2 x Green for 2 trees, 3 x yellow for 3 shrubs and 1 x multi for trellis). I am hoping to program my own sequence to Greg Lakes - Father Christmas. If I fail I will use one of the pre-built shows. My question is would any of the shows be suitable for this small set up or are some more suited than others?

2. Can the show sequencer be used to turn the lights on and off at set times i.e beginning and end of programmed shows.

Thanks

RE: Newbie Questions - Craig - 21-11-2020

Hi Pawtrax,

Welome to the forum.

1. Yes you can create you own shows in the Show Designer, if you havn't already check out our tutorial videos to get you started (these can be accessed from the help menu of the website). You will find that some music is better than others for light shows, music with different rhytms, changing beats, instumental breaks etc will make for easier sequencing and a more interesting show than ones that have a constant repeatative nature. But there are no rules so use the music you want. I have not sequenced that one myself but it should be ok.

With regards the pre-build shows, yes many have pixels and lots of display items so would need some work to adapt to your display. I would however suggest the Show Builder. This will build a show to your layout.

2. If you are using your computer to run the display, then yes the Show Player software allows you to create schedules with start and finish times for your display. It has different options for playing continally or at timed intervals between your start/finish times etc.

Craig

RE: Newbie Questions - Pawtrax - 21-11-2020

Thanks for the info. Tried show builder but cannot then use my own choice of music as it doesnt then seem to sync

Playing with the Show designer and trying out each effect. Worked out how to import music and set beat points.

Having a few issues saving the files and getting a visualisation file. Where do the files get saved?

You have to use the designated audio track with Show Builder, you cannot use your own choice of music. Think there are about 14 different show builder songs.

If the music is over 2mins, ensure you have a licence installed. Shows will not save for shows over 2mins with the free version.

Show Builder shows go to your downloads folder. Use save as to save them elsewhere.

Craig.

RE: Newbie Questions - Pawtrax - 21-11-2020

Thanks. Show designer for me then. I have a licence installed

If I was to use the show builder and purchase 2 shows would they use the same channels for each display item

With Show Builder you upload your layout (or go through the wizard) and then all purchased shows will be built for that layout. So yes they will use the same display items. You can change the layout and rebuild it you want to try a different layout. You can build 5 times within 30 days once purchased.

Thats the idea of Show Builder it will create a given show to your layout. If you have 2 display items and 8 channels it will build the show to that. If you had 10 display items and 30 channels it would create a show to use all 10 display items etc.

Craig

RE: Newbie Questions - Pawtrax - 22-11-2020

Given your knowledge of the show builder what option attached would give best result?

RE: Newbie Questions - Craig - 22-11-2020

Either would be fine. Option 1 would give slightly more interest. Light different features initially. Then add extra colours to the features to expand in the future.

RE: Newbie Questions - Pawtrax - 22-11-2020

(22-11-2020, 01:39 PM)Craig Wrote: Either would be fine. Option 1 would give slightly more interest. Light different features initially. Then add extra colours to the features to expand in the future.

Thanks