Syncrolight Forum
One Pixel Out - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: One Pixel Out (/showthread.php?tid=180)

One Pixel Out - cymglo - 01-11-2020

I have just started trying out a few sequences with my new ethernet controller and 2 strings of ws2811 5v pixels (50 pixels).

In device manager they are all working fine and can be controlled individually.

However when in show designer and i select all 50 on, the last one in the string does not come on.  If i put both strings together the 100th does not come on but all other 99 do.

I'm using a 10amp psu for the controller and lights, this happens both when powering both strings from the controller output and when I inject power to the second string.

Any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

RE: One Pixel Out - cymglo - 16-11-2020

Just wondering if theres any update on this yet?  I've been putting together a few matrixes, and getting the same problem with the last pixel not working.

Thanks.

RE: One Pixel Out - grigg - 17-11-2020

hi have you tried increasing the number of pixels configured in the software maybe increase it by 1-3 this worked for me 

let me know how you get on

kind regards 

Jack

RE: One Pixel Out - cymglo - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 12:38 PM)grigg Wrote: hi have you tried increasing the number of pixels configured in the software maybe increase it by 1-3 this worked for me 

kind regards 

Jack

Seems to do the trick when i'm setting up a string, but i'm putting together a 16x16 matrix, not sure how this could work with extra pixels in the software as the effects wouldn't come out right?

RE: One Pixel Out - grigg - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 03:45 PM)cymglo Wrote:
(17-11-2020, 12:38 PM)grigg Wrote: hi have you tried increasing the number of pixels configured in the software maybe increase it by 1-3 this worked for me 

kind regards 

Jack

Seems to do the trick when i'm setting up a string, but i'm putting together a 16x16 matrix, not sure how this could work with extra pixels in the software as the effects wouldn't come out right?
if you try by increasing the number of pixels in the width box by 1 on the configuration page it should work it worked for me 

increasing it by 1 won't affect the way effects are played, 

just make sure you update/rebuild your effects after you do it 

kind regards 

jack

RE: One Pixel Out - cymglo - 17-11-2020

Just given that a try, works a treat thanks!!

You say that you have the issue with the last pixel too? I'm assuming it's something in the software that causes this.  Wasn't sure if it's the new ethernet controller perhaps as I couldn't see any other posts about it.

RE: One Pixel Out - grigg - 18-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 11:41 PM)cymglo Wrote: Just given that a try, works a treat thanks!!

You say that you have the issue with the last pixel too? I'm assuming it's something in the software that causes this.  Wasn't sure if it's the new ethernet controller perhaps as I couldn't see any other posts about it.
yes ive had this issue too,  i think its a slight miscommunication between the show designer and the controllers itself, but its easy fixable just by increasing the number of pixels.