Syncrolight Forum
led sequence editor - Printable Version

+- Syncrolight Forum (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Light Shows (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.syncrolight.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: led sequence editor (/showthread.php?tid=167)

led sequence editor - Pauls - 23-09-2020

started to have a play with my pixel controller, but where do I find the led sequence editor, the only link I can find on the web site doesn't work.

RE: led sequence editor - Pauls - 23-09-2020

Do you have to make your own shows for the standalone ones? Or are the ones on the card standalone shows? I have set it up as per the manual connected my lights but it's not doing anything stand alone. Can open device manager and manually get each pixel in turn to come on but can't get any stand alone shows to work.

RE: led sequence editor - Jane - 23-09-2020

Is it in stand alone mode?  It does not need to be on the network in this mode.

If you are using it in an existing show then you will need to add it in show designer and connect it to your network in slave mode.

RE: led sequence editor - Pauls - 23-09-2020

Hi Jane. Yes have it in stand alone mode. And it doesn't do anything even when network not connected.. Should the red led be on or off? Not that it makes any difference. 

Tried in existing show but didn't change it to slave mode. Will try that now.

Tried in slave mode. Can get the lights to run the preset pattern ok but if I try to make my own pattern it just runs though a couple of lights the freezes. Have tried it back in stand alone mode and nothing but can still control it from the software? But now it appears like the SD card is screwed. As don't get any response from it when I put it in the computer to change the modes. It's all been thrown in the corner now. Decided I don't like pixels.

RE: led sequence editor - grigg - 25-09-2020

Hi Jane. Yes have it in stand alone mode. And it doesn't do anything even when network not connected.. Should the red led be on or off? Not that it makes any difference. 

Tried in existing show but didn't change it to slave mode. Will try that now.

Tried in slave mode. Can get the lights to run the preset pattern ok but if I try to make my own pattern it just runs though a couple of lights the freezes. Have tried it back in stand alone mode and nothing but can still control it from the software? But now it appears like the SD card is screwed. As don't get any response from it when I put it in the computer to change the modes. It's all been thrown in the corner now. Decided I don't like pixels.

Hi Paul  

on the SD card there should be a file named (playlist.txt) (see image attached) This defines in which shows are played and in which order their played in 
make sure all the preset shows and shows you've created are in the root of the SD card in a .seq format as the SD card controller won't find them else 

in regards to the SD card not showing up try the"diskpart command" in command prompt 

kind regards 

Jack