Syncrolight Forum

Full Version: Control lights direct from Show designer HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm a noob, so soz for a stupid question.

I have a SL-4000 pixel controller, pixel licence, and full Syncrolight software licence.
12v power supply, and a few strings of 8806 pixels, currently setup as duplicates
All setup via ethernet, and plays sample displays from both SD card in controller, AND from device manager - so all seems to be setup correctly.

I have the strings draped around my den, and am hoping that I can play & learn the software by playing the pixels direct from Show Designer so I can immediatly see what I am doing.

The tutorials suggest this is possible, but I cannot see that I need to select in software so this happens.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil
Hi Phil,

At the top of the Show Designer, on the Home ribbon menu, there is a "Control Lights" switch. Turn that to "ON" to send live output from the Show Designer to the lights.

You would also need to ensure you have created a network in the Configuration editor of the Show Designer. Open the Configuration editor (next to the control lights) and ensure you have "Syncrolight(Ethernet)" listed under networks. If not use the "Add network" button to create the network. You assign the network a name when its created typically "net1", "net2" etc. and in the configuration of your pixel item ensure its assigned to your created network.

Craig