Syncrolight Forum

Full Version: Mounting LED strips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Afternoon all

I am hoping to dabble into the world of LED decorations this year. I have had Syncrolight put me a display together. I am basically going to frame the House, Porch & Windows with some other bits thrown in. This is all brand new to me. I understand the wiring etc but need a few suggestions from those who have already done this.

1. Methods for mounting the LED strips to the Wall/Window Frames
2. Best type of connections for the 90 degree turns I will have to make allowing for the fact they won't be up permanently.
3. Basically the house is a 8m x 5m frontage so the controller will probably be in the porch so pretty central to the overall design. Will this cause any issues with power drops etc? The longest run will be the house outline which is 5m x 8m x 5m. Most windows are 7m total and the Porch is 6m total. Having had a good read of the forum general consensus is power injection every 5m. Is this right?

Many thanks for any help

Matt
Hi Matt,

1. The smartest way we have found for fast installation is oval conduit and clip in brackets. You can leave the brackets in place all year, just unclip the conduit. Cable tie the strips to the conduit.
2. The strips can be cut and a small length of cable soldered for the corner. If using the conduit idea above you can take the conduit down and fold sections together for storage. You can also put waterproof connectors on some sections so you can unplug sections for easy take down etc.
3. Typically each string or strip. To test if power is sufficient illuminate all in white and ensure consistant brightness across all LEDs

Craig
(27-09-2021, 08:51 PM)Craig Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Matt,

1. The smartest way we have found for fast installation is oval conduit and clip in brackets. You can leave the brackets in place all year, just unclip the conduit. Cable tie the strips to the conduit.
2. The strips can be cut and a small length of cable soldered for the corner. If using the conduit idea above you can take the conduit down and fold sections together for storage. You can also put waterproof connectors on some sections so you can unplug sections for easy take down etc.
3. Typically each string or strip. To test if power is sufficient illuminate all in white and ensure consistant brightness across all LEDs

Craig

Thanks Craig. That's a big help. Never thought of oval conduit.