Syncrolight Forum

Full Version: Ethernet controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I’m trying to connect my computer to the Ethernet controller via a switch but it’s not coming up in the Ethernet device manager.

The controller is set to default settings and my computer has an ip of 192.168.168.100.

I have tried refreshing it multiple times with no luck.

I had it all working last night and I haven’t changed any settings apart from update the syncrolight software. Stupid me didn’t realise it updated at the back end of last year.

All the firewalls are off on my pc so I know it’s not that>

Any help would be amazing.

Kind Regards

Nathan
This trouble shooting guide may help.

Jane
Syncrolight
(15-04-2019, 10:34 AM)Jane Wrote: [ -> ]This trouble shooting guide may help.

Jane
Syncrolight

Hello, gone through the guide and ping is going through no problem. Reviving the same  amount sent. 

I read about the led and both seem to be on static. 

Don’t know what else to do

Kind Regards

Nathan
hi nathan have you recently installed an update to your computer? if so go to the computers device manager and update the drivers for the ethernet port and wifi drivers this worked for me many thanks jack
(20-04-2019, 12:52 PM)jack grigg Wrote: [ -> ]hi nathan have you recently installed an update to your computer? if so go to the computers device manager and update the drivers for the ethernet port and wifi drivers this worked for me many thanks jack
Hi jack

As far as I am aware the computer hasn’t updated. Just checked both drivers and are saying both are up to date.

Thank you for trying to help me find a solution

Kind Regards

Nathan
Hi Nathan

If you are still having problems Please call us on 01252 687136.  There will be someone in the office on Wednesday who can go through it with you.   If you would prefer to call in the evening please let us know by email so we can arrange for someone to be in.

Jane
Syncrolight
hi nathan you could try changing the controller ip to 192.168.168.230 etc and keep the ethernet port ip 192.168.168.100, i use my controllers on ip's that end in the 230 range e.g 231,232 but i keep my ethernet port ip the same which is 192.168.168.100 and this nomally works for me, you could also try directly connecting to the computer directly without using a network switch many thanks jack