Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show builder configuration
Hi All, I have just started putting together my first show and have an issue I cannot resolve looking for some advice.

when I create my layout within showbuilder I group items in the layout wizard.
at the moment I have two 8 channel dc controllers, 8 LED strings and 8 led figures.
when I group them I make sure that the channel number is correct for each light
id 1 has all the figures, one tree, three penguins, santa, polar bear, two snowmen
id2 has the leds, two blue, two green, two red and two white.

when I create my layout I group them in that order and validate before uploading.
I've chosen the free shows to test and the resultant show builds downloads and runs.

the problem I have is the grouping is all wrong
the penguin group become two penguins and a polar bear
the snowmen group becomes one snowman and a Santa

the Led's are not paired two greens are a green and white

I check each lights card id and channel are correct when creating the layout

any advice in resolving this within the programming, I know I can swap around the cabling but was looking for a better resolution that would be a pain when I get to connect all four dc controllers

thanks for any help
hi Steve, am not the worlds best, but i think you need to reassign your channel Id numbers in the show designer, you do this by opening the show, then going to file drop down menu open configuration editor, on pen the networks, and you will see all your items, then say if device Id 1 (which has 8No Channels) you want channel 4 to become 5, go into the channel Id column high light the number you want to change and manually type in the number you want it to be, but remember to change the other number as well or you will have 2 Id's with the same number that will come on together, when done close the box down and remember to save the show or the alterations to the controller will not be saved.

As i say i am just learning myself, and have found this way to work, maybe someone else has the correct way or a more quicker way, which i would love to know to.

Hope this helps, and sorry if I am wrong.
thanks Rick I'm all new to this so appreciate the help - I will give it a try
(02-12-2017, 09:16 PM)steve1200 Wrote: thanks Rick I'm all new to this so appreciate the help - I will give it a try

did you get it sorted?
(09-12-2017, 06:14 PM)rick Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 09:16 PM)steve1200 Wrote: thanks Rick I'm all new to this so appreciate the help - I will give it a try

did you get it sorted?

Yes but not as I expected, if I add lights in colour groups I get lots of grouped channels, very confusing ! If I put everything in as a single I can group them myself.....
I’m getting there and it’s it easy
The other thing to do once you have sorted it is label the connections from the controller to the lights and label the controller. then if you create one blank show with everything set up and use that as a template for future you can just keep building, labeling them up saved me hours of time this year, an investment of a labeling machine from Screwfix was a god send.