Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show player problems
Hi,
I am running the latest Syncrolight software on a Windows 8.1 laptop and am having an issue with the Show Player. I can load shows, set up schedules, however when the schedule starts the show, the show stops immediately, then tries to start again instantly, then stops and continues this loop. On the "Shows" screen of the Show Player it looks like the Play and Stop buttons are being pressed alternately very quickly. My shows play and control my lights fine in Show Designer. 

I tried the scheduler on a Windows 10 machine and it works fine. Unfortunately the Windows 10 laptop is unavailable for use as my light controller.

Another thing I have noticed is that my controller is not showing up in Syncrolight Device Manager but still controls my lights when I run a show in Show Designer. 
I am using a DC08B controller.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Pete
(17-12-2016, 11:24 PM)Phenolic Wrote: Hi,
I am running the latest Syncrolight software on a Windows 8.1 laptop and am having an issue with the Show Player. I can load shows, set up schedules, however when the schedule starts the show, the show stops immediately, then tries to start again instantly, then stops and continues this loop. On the "Shows" screen of the Show Player it looks like the Play and Stop buttons are being pressed alternately very quickly. My shows play and control my lights fine in Show Designer. 

I tried the scheduler on a Windows 10 machine and it works fine. Unfortunately the Windows 10 laptop is unavailable for use as my light controller.

Another thing I have noticed is that my controller is not showing up in Syncrolight Device Manager but still controls my lights when I run a show in Show Designer. 
I am using a DC08B controller.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete
I'm not too sure about the Windows issues, but the Controller issue may be the Baud Rate settings. Have you checked the Baud rate on the left hand side of the window is set to the same as the baud rate on the controller you are trying to find? I 'lost' a controller for a while until I realised I'd inadvertently changed the Baud rate on the controller and the 5600 set on the left hand window ensured I couldn't find the controller in Device Manager.
Hope that makes sense!?!

Sandy
Thanks for the reply Sandy,
I checked the Baud rates as you suggested (well, I tried each one on the left hand window as I can't access the controller) and also checked the baud rate of the COM port in Windows Device Manager but no luck. Another strange one is if I go to the Channel Control in Show Player, I can control the lights via the "Channel On/ All Channels On" buttons regardless of what the device number is set to, e.g. my controller was definitely set as Device 1, yet I can change the Device number in channel control to, say, 67 and it will still control the lights.

Regards
Pete
(18-12-2016, 09:51 PM)Phenolic Wrote: Thanks for the reply Sandy,
I checked the Baud rates as you suggested (well, I tried each one on the left hand window as I can't access the controller) and also checked the baud rate of the COM port in Windows Device Manager but no luck. Another strange one is if I go to the Channel Control in Show Player, I can control the lights via the  "Channel On/ All Channels On" buttons regardless of what the device number is set to, e.g. my controller was definitely set as Device 1, yet I can change the Device number in channel control to, say, 67 and it will still control the lights.

Regards
Pete
Hi Pete
Is this only happening on the Windows 8 laptop? If so, there could be a link between both your issues. I vaguely remember coming across an issue with Windows 8 and RS485 Drivers a long while ago (not with Synchrolight software though). If it is common, it could be down to the RS485 Driver needing to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. on the Windows 8 machine. I can't even tell you where I came across that info and I do remember there was no reason given for it, but the 'cure' apparently worked. The only symptoms I remember was Data being lost, or corrupted. Don't know if this will be of any help, but it might be worth a try.
Regards
Sandy
Hi Pete,

It maybe that the Show Player cannot find the music file for the show.Please check the music file location in Show Designer (File/Show Properties) and ensure is points to the correct audio file. It maybe playing OK in the Show Designer as the Show Designer will also check your downloads folder if it cannot find the specified music file, but the Show Player does not.

Craig.