Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Player Setup
I am really struggling with the show player.  My aim is to use custom built filler shows between musical shows from 4:30pm to 6pm then just the silent shows as soon as they finish.

My controller is set to all off when connected to the PC which is what I want as I have my own "filler" shows between music

Using scheduled starts doesn't seem to work as I cant then specify the fillers to play by default when idle.  Neither can I find a way to have the filler shows running and for scheduled shows to override them and then revert back to the fillers.

So, my conclusion was that I need to make a schedule to run from 4:30pm to 11pm putting the right shows in at the right times.  This is really hard to do!  If you add a show by mistake you cant remove it.  It seem to randomly remove another show from earlier in the playlist not the one you highlight.  Also, I have realised that the first show is always skipped (whatever show is selected)! I also believe other shows are skipped as my 9 hour long schedule terminated after about 6 hours.

I was wondering if there are there any plans to improve the show player and/or fix these bugs?

I am really impressed with the overall setup and 4 days after receiving my kit have 6 sound syncronised shows up and running on 2 controllers and 15 channels!  It is just the show player that is causing me issues unless I am doing something wrong?

Clive
(02-12-2020, 01:07 AM)Hi Clive Wrote: Have you looked at the syncrolights videos on you tube they are very informative? They may help with the problem. 
(02-12-2020, 08:40 AM)rick Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 01:07 AM)Hi Clive Wrote: Have you looked at the syncrolights videos on you tube they are very informative? They may help with the problem. 

Yes, but I saw no reference to setting up shows like this in Show Player.  Do you know if they are there and if so where in the videos?  Thanks
(02-12-2020, 11:02 AM)clivehawees Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 01:07 AM)Hi Clive Wrote: Have you looked at the syncrolights videos on you tube they are very informative? They may help with the problem. 

Yes, but I saw no reference to setting up shows like this in Show Player.  Do you know if they are there and if so where in the videos?  Thanks
Hi Clive have you tried the idle sequences option?

and set the shows to play at certain intervals?(every 10,15,20 minutes etc)

if you add your filler shows into the idle sequences option then set shows to play every 15 minutes?
(02-12-2020, 12:51 PM)grigg Wrote:

if you add your filler shows into the idle sequences option then set shows to play every 15 minutes?
that sounds ideal, I have not been able to find and idle sequences option other that the one in device manager for built in shows?  Is this option in show player?  thanks
(02-12-2020, 02:02 PM)clivehawees Wrote:

that sounds ideal, I have not been able to find and idle sequences option other that the one in device manager for built in shows?  Is this option in show player?  thanks

Hi Clive 

it is in the show player 

it is in the interactive tab (note it will only find .sho files but this can be changed by changing the file type to "all files")

then you just set the scheduler to run shows every 15, 20 mins,etc and the idle will play in between the shows
(02-12-2020, 02:10 PM)grigg Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 02:02 PM)clivehawees Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 11:02 AM)clivehawees Wrote: Yes, but I saw no reference to setting up shows like this in Show Player.  Do you know if they are there and if so where in the videos?  Thanks

Hi Clive 

it is in the show player 

it is in the interactive tab (note it will only find .sho files but this can be changed by changing the file type to "all files")

then you just set the scheduler to run shows every 15, 20 mins,etc and the idle will play in between the shows

Ah ok. I only have a standard license at the moment so cant use that option.  It seems a little crazy to have such rich functionality and great controllers let down by a flaky show player!