Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led String
(13-11-2019, 11:56 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:41 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:06 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 07:52 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 06:29 PM)jack grigg Wrote: hi Nathan have you tried connecting each controller for each set of elements directly to the pc i would recommend trying this to rule out a problem somewhere else in your network also have you got the latest software v3.03.03 in this version it checks your configuration against the controllers configuration works for both ethernet and rs485 networks king regards jack

Hello,

Have tried this with no luck plus software is on the latest version.

When I test I prefer to do it one at a time.

Kind Regards

Nathan

hi nathan have you tried unplugging everything else from the controller and leaving just the eyes plugged in i had a few controllers last year that when all the outputs are in use it made the output before that go a little dimmer (e.g i had a white string on output 1 and a blue string on output 2 put when i plugged a string into output 3 both the previous outputs went dimmer) also what power supply are you using for the controller itself kind regards jack

Hello,

I haven’t tried that so I will look into that but in regards to power supply I bought it from syncrolight them self’s. Just read an update on the product page that has been added since the purchase of the power supply.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/ProductDetails...2A-SW.aspx

Kind Regards

Nathan
hi nathan, have you tried the 24v 5amp power supply  kind regards jack

Hello,

I haven’t tried it.

I have the transformer wired into a power distribution unit then goes off to each animation as I have 4 of them within my display plus a number of just strings within it as well.

In total I have 8 DC08 controllers running off this controller and it’s only the eye strings that never work.

Kind Regards

Nathan
(14-11-2019, 07:54 AM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:56 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:41 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 11:06 PM)jack grigg Wrote:
(13-11-2019, 07:52 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote: Hello,

Have tried this with no luck plus software is on the latest version.

When I test I prefer to do it one at a time.

Kind Regards

Nathan

hi nathan have you tried unplugging everything else from the controller and leaving just the eyes plugged in i had a few controllers last year that when all the outputs are in use it made the output before that go a little dimmer (e.g i had a white string on output 1 and a blue string on output 2 put when i plugged a string into output 3 both the previous outputs went dimmer) also what power supply are you using for the controller itself kind regards jack

Hello,

I haven’t tried that so I will look into that but in regards to power supply I bought it from syncrolight them self’s. Just read an update on the product page that has been added since the purchase of the power supply.

https://syncrolight.co.uk/ProductDetails...2A-SW.aspx

Kind Regards

Nathan
hi nathan, have you tried the 24v 5amp power supply  kind regards jack

Hello,

I haven’t tried it.

I have the transformer wired into a power distribution unit then goes off to each animation as I have 4 of them within my display plus a number of just strings within it as well.

In total I have 8 DC08 controllers running off this controller and it’s only the eye strings that never work.

Kind Regards

Nathan
Hi nathan it sounds like to me that all 8 of your controllers are drawing all the power from the unit i would recommend splitting the power by having no more then 2 controllers per 24v power supply i would recommend the 24v 5amp power supply with a spliter for 2 controllers but if you do this make sure you have the 10 amp low voltage ac-dc converter 
kind regards jack
Hello,

Thank you for this but Still confused as the strings for the eyes are plugged into the controller and all the other strings on that controller work perfectly. 

If it was a power issue wouldn’t all the strings be like this. 

I would like to avoid spending even more money if I can as almost up to 4K spend so far this year.

Kind Regards

Nathan
only other think i can think of is disconnecting the distribution board and having just one controller wired to the power supply
kind regards jack
(14-11-2019, 12:20 PM)jack grigg Wrote: only other think i can think of is disconnecting the distribution board and having just one controller wired to the power supply  
kind regards jack

Hello,

I will give that a go tonight.

Kind regards

Nathan
Hi Nathan
By any chance, did you buy these light strings from somewhere else, other than synchrolight?
If so, they may be designed to work from AC rather than DC. Meaning that only half of the lights will work on each string. Strings designed to work from AC have the LEDs in 'antiphase' (50/50), meaning that 50% only actually work at any one half cycle, but the frequency is quick enough for the human eye not to really notice any flicker.
If you bought them from another supplier, then check the packaging and it should tell you.
Regards
Sandy
(14-11-2019, 07:19 PM)sandy123 Wrote: Hi Nathan
By any chance, did you buy these light strings from somewhere else, other than synchrolight?
If so, they may be designed to work from AC rather than DC. Meaning that only half of the lights will work on each string. Strings designed to work from AC have the LEDs in 'antiphase' (50/50), meaning that 50% only actually work at any one half cycle, but the frequency is quick enough for the human eye not to really notice any flicker.
If you bought them from another supplier, then check the packaging and it should tell you.
Regards
Sandy
Hello,

All strings come from Syncrolight, only reason for this is because I rather source all from one place.

I tested earlier without the distribution board and still no luck.

Its a shame as the animations are the main feature of the display and will be a waste of a years work if i cant get them working.

Kind Regards

Nathan
(14-11-2019, 08:23 PM)Nathanm114 Wrote:
(14-11-2019, 07:19 PM)sandy123 Wrote: Hi Nathan
Regards
Sandy
Hello,

All strings come from Syncrolight, only reason for this is because I rather source all from one place.

I tested earlier without the distribution board and still no luck.

Its a shame as the animations are the main feature of the display and will be a waste of a years work if i cant get them working.

Kind Regards

Nathan
Hi nathan did you buy the value led light strings from syncrolight? Those strings are only for use with AC current kind regards jack
What light strings are they e.g cooler and number of LED's?  Also have you cut them?

Jane
Syncrolight
Hello,

We use Standard ones, i wont touch the value ones.

I have just ordered a bunch of 36 strings so I can replace the eyes AGAIN.

Kind Regards

Nathan

(14-11-2019, 09:12 PM)Jane Wrote: What light strings are they e.g cooler and number of LED's?  Also have you cut them?

Jane
Syncrolight

Hello,

We started off with Blue and roughly 36 LEDS per animation. We then switched over to pink with same problem. The cable was cut at the next set of 2 core cable.

I have just ordered another batch to be delivered by Saturday as the animations are all being fitted Sunday when the Cherry Picker is at the house.

Kind Regards

Nathan