Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Playing Videos during Show - Windows Media Player Updates
With the professional license you can play videos and images during the show by creating and "Aux Channel" in the Show Designer.

If you have the latest Windows Media Player installed and you have issues getting the video to play you may need to update a couple of files in the Syncrolight installation directory.

1. In your Syncrolight installation directory (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\SyncroLight ) move or rename the existing files called "Interop.WMPLib.dll" and "AxInterop.WMPLib.dll"  e.g. rename them to "old_Interop.WMPLib.dll" and "old_AxInterop.WMPLib.dll"

2. Copy the new versions from the attached zip into the Syncrolight installation directory.

Note that you may need to be logged onto your system as an administrator to access files in this directory.

.zip   Updated Files.zip (Size: 108.25 KB / Downloads: 10)

Craig.
Dear Craig,

I begin to create my halloween light show, with this year some projectors (with atmos fx effects videos) and syncrolight.
Do you have a tutorial for adding media player in a show ? possibilities with other computer/projector on the same network ?

Thanks !
Chris
Hi Chris,

No we do not have a tutorial, but its easy to do :

1. Add an Aux Channel To your Show (Requires a Pro license)
2. Add Video Events. You now have some options
     (a) Play photo/video on this computer (if you have multiple screens or a projector connected change the screen id to play on different screen - 0,1,2 etc ; 0 is usually main screen, 1 is 2nd screen or HDMI projector)
    (b) Play on another computer.

If playing on the local computer select the appropriate screen id and the name and path to the video or photo to be played.

If playing on a remote computer, On the remote computer:

(a) Install the Syncrolight software on the remote computer
 (b) Copy the media file onto the remote computer (and note the path and name)
 © Note the IP Address of this computer
 (d) Start the Media Player Client from the quick start menu

Now back on the main Computer
  (i) Enter the IP Address noted in © above
  (i) Enter the Media File Location of the file on the remote computer. Noted from (b) above, (You do not need to use full UNC path, just the local path as it is on the remote computer).

If all is setup correctly and on the same network, when you play the show on the main computer, the video/photo will play on the remote computer at the designated point. If the Media file cannot be found, you will get an error displayed for a short period on the remote computer.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Craig.
Thanks Craig,

I ll try this this week and i let you know

+
Dear Craig,
it's working fine !
Do you have any idea to force the media player client to stay on full screen, with no timeline when the video begin and stop ?
I have this issue only on the network client, but not in local
Hi Chris,

I have checked and Yes it looks like the timeline is not turned off in the client application.
I will get that fixed in the next release, hopefully later this week.

Craig.